Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just plain stupid  (Read 1356 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Just plain stupid
« on: 17 May 2007, 20:13:35 »

I've been reading the paper for a change today and found the following stupidity:

An 18m old kid dropped a packet of quavers in the street.  Mother picked the packet up but TWO had fallen out.  She kicked them in the gutter and got fined £80 for littering  :o :o

It follows another report of a man arrested for "farting" in front of a police officer and another who was arrested for "carrying an egg with intention to throw" :-/

According to Jeremy Clarkson if a pregnant woman approaches a police officer and asks to pee in his helmet, he has to oblige.  Is this true?  Has the world gone completely mad??
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: Just plain stupid
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2007, 20:31:39 »

that is indeed true about a pregnant woman

whether he's required to then put his hat back on is debateable ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2007, 20:46:22 »

An 18m old kid dropped a packet of quavers in the street.  Mother picked the packet up but TWO had fallen out.  She kicked them in the gutter and got fined £80 for littering  :o :o
I do wonder if thats the full story, or the press' twisted version.
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 20:50:58 »

I do wonder if thats the full story, or the press' twisted version.

I would bet thats the 'distilled' version so as to make it more newsworthy - such as we are doing at the moment.....  

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2007, 20:55:57 »

I do wonder if thats the full story, or the press' twisted version.[/quote]

I must object, the press never twist versions of stories. The first & golden rule in journalism is, never let the facts get in the way of a good storey ;D ;D

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2007, 20:59:08 »

I've been reading the paper for a change today and found the following stupidity:

It follows another report of a man arrested for "farting" in front of a police officer and another who was arrested for "carrying an egg with intention to throw" :-/

According to Jeremy Clarkson if a pregnant woman approaches a police officer and asks to pee in his helmet, he has to oblige.  Is this true?  Has the world gone completely mad??

My wife would get 20 years ;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2007, 22:34:47 »

My wife would get 20 years ;D

The diet is still going strong then  :D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

STMO123

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2007, 22:36:48 »

She said it was funny at first, but I'm not allowed to talk about it any more :-X

But she has to go to bed some time :D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2007, 22:40:13 »

She said it was funny at first, but I'm not allowed to talk about it any more :-X

But she has to go to bed some time :D

Be careful or she may hold your head under the covers  :-[

How does that phrase go...." I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting "  well, err, maybe  :-/

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2007, 22:40:31 »

There was a bloke in Norfolk (IIRC) last year. Came out for work and picked up his post on the way. Opened his letters and put the envelopes in a street bin on the way to the bus. Got fined for 'dumping houshold waste'. Utterly mental and UNACCEPTABLE.

I have an exemption certificate from wearing a seatbelt. As a passenger it actually hurts my shoulder to wear it as I broke my collar bone badly when I was 17. I used to get stopped 2 or 3 times a week, so stopped using it.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2007, 22:43:12 »

There was a bloke in Norfolk (IIRC) last year. Came out for work and picked up his post on the way. Opened his letters and put the envelopes in a street bin on the way to the bus. Got fined for 'dumping houshold waste'. Utterly mental and UNACCEPTABLE.

I have an exemption certificate from wearing a seatbelt. As a passenger it actually hurts my shoulder to wear it as I broke my collar bone badly when I was 17. I used to get stopped 2 or 3 times a week, so stopped using it.

Driving instructor, no seatbelt?  Must be fun when you yell "STOP"

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2007, 22:44:33 »

"Do as I say and not as I do" is my wifes motto. If she hears me fart and I dont mean fart in front of her, I could be in the bathroom and shes in the kitchen but if she hears it im for the chop, but if she does one which according to her is once every 20 years its funny. Oh and why does she think her farts dont smell and mine do ;D
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2007, 09:38:34 »

Like most gentlemen, the act of moving and getting out of bed does disturb the gas built up over night.  When I used to live in a semi in Aylesbury, this usually happened once I was in the bath.  I used to find this somewhat amusing in a childish kind of way, and prided myself on the noise and duration - after all, if you can't let rip in your own bathroom, where can you....

Until one morning, my neighbour let rip in the bath, and it could be heard clear as anything  :-[
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2007, 09:47:38 »

Like most gentlemen, the act of moving and getting out of bed does disturb the gas built up over night.  When I used to live in a semi in Aylesbury, this usually happened once I was in the bath.  I used to find this somewhat amusing in a childish kind of way, and prided myself on the noise and duration - after all, if you can't let rip in your own bathroom, where can you....

Until one morning, my neighbour let rip in the bath, and it could be heard clear as anything  :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2007, 20:14:56 »

a man arrested for "farting" in front of a police officer and another who was arrested for "carrying an egg with intention to throw" :-/

Are these two incidents related  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.