Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 142693 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #1515 on: 20 March 2024, 10:29:15 »

Forgot to put my garden bin out last night.  :(

Now I have to waste a few hours bagging the contents and taking it to the tip.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 20 March 2024, 21:03:42 »

An old Micra cabriolet pulled in front of me, so I had to do a full on emergency stop.  Never mind, we all make mistakes, so I just followed her along to the next village at a rapid 20mph....    ....where she did exactly the same to another car!

At the first opportunity, I decided to overtake, look in mirror after, she's swerving all over the road, my immense 50mph to overtake must have scared her witless
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 20 March 2024, 21:17:39 »

Now I have to waste a few hours bagging the contents and taking it to the tip.  >:(

Despite having to pay council tax of over £1600 pa ( which to me only covers having the bins emptied) we now have to pay extra (cant remember how much - circa £75 pa) to have our garden waste bin emptied. >:( >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 20 March 2024, 21:20:03 »

Not today, but a couple of days ago. Took swmbo to eye clinic at local hospital. It opens at 9am and her appointment was 10.15 am.
She was seen at 11.45am
I cannot fathom how a place that opens at 9am can be 90 minutes behind schedule, 75 minutes after it opens.  ??? ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 20 March 2024, 21:27:26 »

Oh, and another thing..... ;D
On the way to work this afternoon, came up to a mini roundabout. Some non descript Ford, driven by a woman pulled out in front of me from my left.
Being a belligerent sod, I just carried on as if she wasnt there, so she had to stamp on the brake pedal to stop from ploughing into me.
I looked across at her and her face was pressed at the windscreen, full of hatred, yelling obscenities.
Gone are the days when someone in her position would hold up her hands to say " sorry".
We live in a sad world.  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 20 March 2024, 22:23:54 »

Despite having to pay council tax of over £1600 pa ( which to me only covers having the bins emptied) we now have to pay extra (cant remember how much - circa £75 pa) to have our garden waste bin emptied. >:( >:(

Yep we pay an extra £69.50 a year for the garden bin.  ::) 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 20 March 2024, 22:49:00 »

I'm glad I put decking at the back and block paving at the front. Not that anyone in Barnsley would consider paying for green waste removal, there would be bonfires everywhere  ;D
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 20 March 2024, 23:58:15 »

Same here.  >:(

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 21 March 2024, 09:57:27 »

That's expensive...our green bin fee is £35 - went up from £30 two years ago.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 21 March 2024, 10:18:11 »

I think our council tax came through the other day, £2800 I think, to empty the bins 26 times unless there is a hint of wintery weather...

Our green bin was around £40 since they started charging, but doubled this year, no doubt to help pay for the bone idle lame and lazy.

And, despite charging us 2800/26 = >£100 each time they empty our bins, they want to either half our bin sizes, or move to collection every 3 weeks.  Knowing West Northants council, former South Northants council before they blew all their money on a new office block and went bankrupt, they'll do both.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 21 March 2024, 12:42:17 »

I think our council tax came through the other day, £2800 I think, to empty the bins 26 times unless there is a hint of wintery weather...

Our green bin was around £40 since they started charging, but doubled this year, no doubt to help pay for the bone idle lame and lazy.

And, despite charging us 2800/26 = >£100 each time they empty our bins, they want to either half our bin sizes, or move to collection every 3 weeks.  Knowing West Northants council, former South Northants council before they blew all their money on a new office block and went bankrupt, they'll do both.

Yep they can only be bothered to empty the bins once a month and the plebs are living in the potholes, but they have plenty of cash for rainbow pedestrian crossings which are spreading round the country like a rash!  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 21 March 2024, 14:40:54 »

Don't forget to book...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 21 March 2024, 16:18:14 »

Yep they can only be bothered to empty the bins once a month and the plebs are living in the potholes, but they have plenty of cash for rainbow pedestrian crossings which are spreading round the country like a rash!  ::)
Not in Barnsleywakefield they're not.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 21 March 2024, 18:20:33 »

Not in Barnsleywakefield they're not.

Not yet, it will happen though as it's a box to tick.  Every city, town, and village will have one eventually.  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 21 March 2024, 18:29:20 »

Merc drivers. All of them. Retards.

I can only assume the stupid handbrake pedal confuddles their drivers.  Not seen a single Merc get over 25mph in NSL all day, FFS.

Not guilty either ... I was in Lanzarote!
And I don't use my (leccy) hand/parking brake!  :P

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.