Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Greenies M25 Protest  (Read 6410 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: The Greenies M25 Protest
« Reply #75 on: 04 October 2021, 18:49:01 »

The Police should now be allowed to shoot them on site.  >:( >:(

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/emotional-clash-motorists-insulate-britain-091319293.html

They seems to be of made up 50% students and 50% pensioners.

Students are lazy and bolshy, and pensioners have no job to go to......hence they have all the time in the world to be a pain in the arse.

Shoot the students and the pensioners will soon go back to feeding the ducks in the park. :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04 October 2021, 18:54:28 »

Bunch of silly bastards put a water cannon over them , I guarantee they'd move pretty damn quick.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 04 October 2021, 19:07:22 »

Tanks move people quickly too (in China)👀👍
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04 October 2021, 19:19:30 »

We know none of that will happen, but......where are the promised prosecutions for contempt of court? Throw three or four of them in jail and I can guarantee the others will think twice. They just don't think it's going to happen, which it looks like it isn't.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04 October 2021, 19:32:52 »

We know none of that will happen, but......where are the promised prosecutions for contempt of court? Throw three or four of them in jail and I can guarantee the others will think twice. They just don't think it's going to happen, which it looks like it isn't.

The court orders issued so far only cover the M25, the M25 junctions, and some routes to Dover/Folkestone. Todays demos weren't on roads covered by the injunction, so no contempt of court.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 04 October 2021, 19:49:21 »

The court orders issued so far only cover the M25, the M25 junctions, and some routes to Dover/Folkestone. Todays demos weren't on roads covered by the injunction, so no contempt of court.
I see. Well it's about time the government caught up with their tactics. The first injunction should have covered all major arterial routes, but obviously didn't. Time for a further injunction before someone gets hurt.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 04 October 2021, 19:59:16 »

I see. Well it's about time the government caught up with their tactics. The first injunction should have covered all major arterial routes, but obviously didn't. Time for a further injunction before someone gets hurt.

I don't support the methods or aims of this group, but the right to peaceful protest is one of the things that distinguishes a free and open democracy from somewhere like China or North Korea. AFAIK none of this group have done anything 'non peaceful', and it appears that for the most part they've not done anything illegal either. Sure they've pissed off a load of motorists, but legislating for that is probably counterproductive.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 04 October 2021, 20:25:36 »

I don't support the methods or aims of this group, but the right to peaceful protest is one of the things that distinguishes a free and open democracy from somewhere like China or North Korea. AFAIK none of this group have done anything 'non peaceful', and it appears that for the most part they've not done anything illegal either. Sure they've pissed off a load of motorists, but legislating for that is probably counterproductive.
I disagree. They may be 'peacefully' protesting in the legal sense, but they are causing untold misery to law abiding citizens going about their lawful business. Marching through town is one thing, blocking a motorway is another.
Their protests are also counterproductive and futile. I wouldn't run them over but, if I had room to manoeuvre, I would reverse round and rev the bollix off my Diesel engine and, hopefully, choke the bastards.  :)
Diesel till I die

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04 October 2021, 20:55:16 »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 04 October 2021, 21:02:54 »

I think a handy tactic would be to back up 3 old claggy transits right up to the muppets and let them idle away happily into their faces , see how long they'd stay sitting there  :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 04 October 2021, 21:04:01 »

I’d throw a few doughnuts in too with you Stem👍
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 04 October 2021, 21:33:04 »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1443502604756164613

Oh how I laughed .... ;D
My missus can't stop watching that, after a few gins the laughing is uncontrollable.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 04 October 2021, 21:33:26 »

There she goes again.  ;D
Diesel till I die

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 04 October 2021, 22:29:06 »

how do they travel to the protest locations, if its via a vehicle of some sorts sabotaging their transport would probably be a deterrent

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 04 October 2021, 22:46:52 »

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.