Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Greenies M25 Protest  (Read 6404 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: The Greenies M25 Protest
« Reply #90 on: 05 October 2021, 11:51:29 »

I watched the founder of ER being interviewed this morning in anger and dismay.
He had a scenario put to him where he is taking part in a protest and an Ambulance arrives at the scene with someone on board whose life is in danger and needs to get to Hospital.
"Would you move to allow it through?"  "No, I would stay where I was."
To me, this now puts them into the bracket of a Terrorist organisation and the powers that be now need to treat them as such.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 05 October 2021, 12:41:32 »

Hope we get some bitterly cold weather , bunch of wimps won't stay sitting on their lazy arses for long in the road, should round them up & force them to clean the streets & clear all the shite from flytipping that has occurred all over the country, sorry if I sound harsh but these useless cu**s really annoy me.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 05 October 2021, 13:15:45 »

We know none of that will happen, but......where are the promised prosecutions for contempt of court? Throw three or four of them in jail and I can guarantee the others will think twice. They just don't think it's going to happen, which it looks like it isn't.

The court orders issued so far only cover the M25, the M25 junctions, and some routes to Dover/Folkestone. Todays demos weren't on roads covered by the injunction, so no contempt of court.
I see. Well it's about time the government caught up with their tactics. The first injunction should have covered all major arterial routes, but obviously didn't. Time for a further injunction before someone gets hurt.

I don't support the methods or aims of this group, but the right to peaceful protest is one of the things that distinguishes a free and open democracy from somewhere like China or North Korea. AFAIK none of this group have done anything 'non peaceful', and it appears that for the most part they've not done anything illegal either. Sure they've pissed off a load of motorists, but legislating for that is probably counterproductive.
I disagree. They may be 'peacefully' protesting in the legal sense, but they are causing untold misery to law abiding citizens going about their lawful business. Marching through town is one thing, blocking a motorway is another.
Their protests are also counterproductive and futile. I wouldn't run them over but, if I had room to manoeuvre, I would reverse round and rev the bollix off my Diesel engine and, hopefully, choke the bastards.  :)

This is the dilemma.

100% agree they have the right to protest, but when their right to protest takes away the rights of people to go about their business, and stops a blue-lighted ambulance or funeral hearse from reaching it's destination then something has to give.

They need to find a better way make their point.

In summary, the need to move or be removed.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05 October 2021, 13:21:45 »

Perhaps they could have protested at the Labour Party Conference. ::)

Diversity and inclusion, and all that.

« Last Edit: 05 October 2021, 13:24:57 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 05 October 2021, 13:41:30 »

We know none of that will happen, but......where are the promised prosecutions for contempt of court? Throw three or four of them in jail and I can guarantee the others will think twice. They just don't think it's going to happen, which it looks like it isn't.

The court orders issued so far only cover the M25, the M25 junctions, and some routes to Dover/Folkestone. Todays demos weren't on roads covered by the injunction, so no contempt of court.
I see. Well it's about time the government caught up with their tactics. The first injunction should have covered all major arterial routes, but obviously didn't. Time for a further injunction before someone gets hurt.

I don't support the methods or aims of this group, but the right to peaceful protest is one of the things that distinguishes a free and open democracy from somewhere like China or North Korea. AFAIK none of this group have done anything 'non peaceful', and it appears that for the most part they've not done anything illegal either. Sure they've pissed off a load of motorists, but legislating for that is probably counterproductive.
I disagree. They may be 'peacefully' protesting in the legal sense, but they are causing untold misery to law abiding citizens going about their lawful business. Marching through town is one thing, blocking a motorway is another.
Their protests are also counterproductive and futile. I wouldn't run them over but, if I had room to manoeuvre, I would reverse round and rev the bollix off my Diesel engine and, hopefully, choke the bastards.  :)

This is the dilemma.

100% agree they have the right to protest, but when their right to protest takes away the rights of people to go about their business, and stops a blue-lighted ambulance or funeral hearse from reaching it's destination then something has to give.

They need to find a better way make their point.

In summary, the need to move or be removed.

I think that the out of touch old fools in the Supreme Court recently ruled that disruptive protests are legitimate.  ::) 

So ultimately it probably needs legislation from Parliament to correct that.   Time for Boris to put his 80 seat majority to use!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 05 October 2021, 13:55:09 »

I suppose by definition protests of one sort or another are always going to be disruptive to somebody or other. Much like it is impossible not to offend somebody with what we say or do.

Perhaps a decision as to 'which is the greater good' needs consideration.

I would say the 'greater good' is achieved by letting the traffic flow.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 05 October 2021, 17:22:49 »

I watched the founder of ER being interviewed this morning in anger and dismay.
He had a scenario put to him where he is taking part in a protest and an Ambulance arrives at the scene with someone on board whose life is in danger and needs to get to Hospital.
"Would you move to allow it through?"  "No, I would stay where I was."
To me, this now puts them into the bracket of a Terrorist organisation and the powers that be now need to treat them as such.  >:(
                 I watched that idiot too however the question put to him was… if it was “HIS MOTHER” in the ambulance……so by his admission the man would see his own mother suffer and die for a situation that may well not even take place! What a waste of fkg space🔥 it’s no wonder nobody will support this bullshit.
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 05 October 2021, 18:25:26 »

Has the breeding of idiots been stepped up ? As it seems to be completely out of control at present one ridiculous protest after another, I for one couldn't give a flying f**k about this nonsense.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 05 October 2021, 18:31:16 »

Sadly people obviously do support them and misguided shit tards like them. Brighton is full of the idiots

If people genuinely want to do their thing to save the world, then sod off to somewhere remote and fend for themselves with nothing more than what's already there.

Better still, shut themselves back in the basement and stay there indefinitely... :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 05 October 2021, 18:40:20 »

Has the breeding of idiots been stepped up ? As it seems to be completely out of control at present one ridiculous protest after another, I for one couldn't give a flying f**k about this nonsense.
That's half the problem... most people couldn't care unless something affects them directly such as Ocado running out of fuel to deliver their loo rolls.

There is a solution...

https://www.glitterbombyourenemies.com.au/product/bag-of-dicks/

Nothing will enrage an ecomentalist more than an exploding box of unrecyclable glitter appendages :D :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 05 October 2021, 18:52:11 »

Saving the world seems like a bit of an ambitious statement. The UK could stop producing any CO2 at all tomorrow morning at eleven o'clock, and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to 'the world'.
Diesel till I die

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 05 October 2021, 19:32:03 »

I'd like to see this type of Demo getting tried around here, they'd likely get a bloody good shoeing

Not that I'd condone any such thing obviously
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 05 October 2021, 19:34:40 »

I'd like to see this type of Demo getting tried around here, they'd likely get a bloody good shoeing

Not that I'd condone any such thing obviously
Chucked over the flyover and splattered on Queens Drive  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 05 October 2021, 19:35:58 »

Having said that, we don't need protesters on the M62. The f**kin thing is always closed anyway.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 05 October 2021, 20:09:17 »

Saving the world seems like a bit of an ambitious statement. The UK could stop producing any CO2 at all tomorrow morning at eleven o'clock, and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to 'the world'.
One Chinese power station chucks out more shit than Western Europe combined.

It’s such a shame that they embargoed Aussie coal...  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.