Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self fulfilling prophecy  (Read 6980 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Self fulfilling prophecy
« Reply #135 on: 05 October 2021, 15:48:24 »

Considering that very trip as a Christmas present for bro. Obviously would involve me driving so that they can fully enjoy it. They were due to do a short cruise with some friends, but won't be allowed off the ship unless it's on an official, prearranged tour, which as they were due to overnight in port, sucks balls.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 05 October 2021, 17:25:30 »

It all seems a bit Londoncentric to me, as I've had no trouble filling up the last couple of times in the last week.  ::)
Only one garage between Gatwick and Luton had any fuel and that was just petrol. None at Chobham services. Thanks to the M25 being suddenly closed at the M3, I ended up going Sunningdale, Woking, Guildford, Leatherhead, Dorking, Reigate To Gatwick and must have passed 20 garages... Not a single one had fuel. And none on my commute had any either. Didn't waste any time searching Luton for fuel, although apparently Asda had some.

That's all London to me!  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 05 October 2021, 20:40:34 »

In my extensive experience, it’s not possible to do a day trip to Bruges

I can’t even crawl, let alone drive.

Ostende is the same. I left the boat, thought I'd pop in to a bar for a pint and entered some kind of wormhole that deposited me back on the docks a quarter of an hour before the last ferry of the night sailed, sans the use of my legs.  ;D

The B&B at Dover loved me as I tried to stagger up to the room which was on the 4th floor of an old town house. Especially when I got to the top of the stairs and a bottle of Duvel jumped out of my rucksack and bounced down the whole lot again. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 05 October 2021, 20:43:55 »

Went out for a Ruby on Saturday night and the petrol station in the village was certainly out of fuel then.

Passed it at about 4 PM on Sunday and noticed it was open and a queue just starting to form.

Did a quick U turn as I was down to 100 miles range and filled up the jag.

Gave my mate a heads-up and he got there about 5:30 and got the last tank of diesel. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 06 October 2021, 15:02:37 »

Went out for a Ruby on Saturday night and the petrol station in the village was certainly out of fuel then.

Passed it at about 4 PM on Sunday and noticed it was open and a queue just starting to form.

Gave my mate a heads-up and he got there about 5:30 and got the last tank of diesel. :o
Just to side track a bit. What with fuel station tanks running dry. Is there any chance that you could end up with a load of crud in your tank, as you were 'lucky' enough to get the last scrapings.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 07 October 2021, 16:36:23 »

Just to side track a bit. What with fuel station tanks running dry. Is there any chance that you could end up with a load of crud in your tank, as you were 'lucky' enough to get the last scrapings.

The local filling stations down here, small to large like the supermarket ones, have repeated run out of diesel (and unleaded) so any crud if there was any I reckon has long gone into previous motorists tanks.  Therefore I think you would be extremely unlucky to fill your tank with crud! :D :D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 07 October 2021, 18:14:24 »

Well that is a relief. Still got 140 miles left.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 07 October 2021, 18:55:40 »

Had a ride out today as the weather was really nice filled up the RR when we got back , no queues no limit on amount
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 07 October 2021, 19:03:11 »

Had a ride out today as the weather was really nice filled up the RR when we got back , no queues no limit on amount
Yes, Mick, but you don't live near Londistan.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 07 October 2021, 19:19:41 »

Thank the lord 🙏
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 07 October 2021, 19:50:53 »

Anywhere east of Salisbury is Londistan to me.  :D  Anywhere north of Bristol is Opp Norf as well!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 07 October 2021, 20:00:13 »

Anywhere east of Salisbury is Londistan to me.  :D  Anywhere north of Bristol is Opp Norf as well!  :P  ;D

Shepton Mallet. The Midlands starts at the A303.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 07 October 2021, 22:35:48 »

I haven`t been panic buying at all   :-\  my behaviour has been atypical  :P

"A Department for Transport spokesperson said: "There is no evidence to suggest that the introduction of E10 was related to the fuel shortage. The fuel issues we have seen in recent weeks were caused by an unprecedented spike in demand caused by atypical consumer behaviour"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.