Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: More Insurance Nonsense  (Read 2594 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: More Insurance Nonsense
« Reply #15 on: 28 September 2021, 14:12:55 »

Define "strike against you". Did they say it will impact your NCB?

If not, this is perfectly normal.  Whether or not it will impact future premiums will depend on the rest of your recent driving record.  All insurances will ask "Have you had an accident in the last x years, regardless of blame".  It sounds like this "strike" is effectively answering that question for you.

When I queried this with my insurance after that pile up on the A5 where some bint took me hard up the arse, forcing me into a position where I subsequently got rammed hard by a bloke and his son, it turns out that statistically once you've been involved in a no fault accident, you are more likely to be involved in another.

So, in essence, if it doesn't impact your NCB, grin and bear it.  It may impact future premiums, irrespective of your insurance accepting she was to blame or not.  And, as I found out, you can't pursue additional premium costs against the other driver, because it is not yet known if their will be an increase.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2021, 23:16:29 »

Next time you renew your insurance you can swap insurers and declare it as a no fault incident, in my view, because the third party accepted responsibility and a full recovery of your losses was made, whatever your current insurer thinks. ::)

That doesn't mean it won't count against you, but don't stress yourself worrying over that. Insurance companies are not worth it.
Pay them as little as you can get away with, deal with them as little as you can get away with and accept that they are all a bunch of *********.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2021, 10:22:41 »

Next time you renew your insurance you can swap insurers and declare it as a no fault incident, in my view, because the third party accepted responsibility and a full recovery of your losses was made, whatever your current insurer thinks. ::)

That doesn't mean it won't count against you, but don't stress yourself worrying over that. Insurance companies are not worth it.
Pay them as little as you can get away with, deal with them as little as you can get away with and accept that they are all a bunch of *********.

Absobloodylutely!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2021, 13:20:40 »

and accept that they are all a bunch of *********.
In the defence of Admiral at the time, I was pleasantly surprised with the way me writing off the Rover was dealt with at the time, once I'd got through the initial set of questions I had to go through whilst stood in the middle of the carnage, designed to give them a get-out option.  Oh, and the ambulance chasers they sold my details to.

Not that I use them currently, or its in any way raised my expectations of the car insurance industry ;D
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2021, 12:08:09 »

If you report something to your insurance company, whether you make a claim or not, it is logged against you as being accident prone.
I like red cars

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2021, 16:05:16 »

In the defence of Admiral at the time, I was pleasantly surprised with the way me writing off the Rover was dealt with at the time, once I'd got through the initial set of questions I had to go through whilst stood in the middle of the carnage, designed to give them a get-out option.  Oh, and the ambulance chasers they sold my details to.

Not that I use them currently, or its in any way raised my expectations of the car insurance industry ;D

Tend to find if the car is a write off it's generally a quick and painless process in my experience, especially if it's not your fault.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2021, 23:39:43 »

Tend to find if the car is a write off it's generally a quick and painless process in my experience, especially if it's not your fault.
When my Desmond was written off by some idiot (not what i typed  ;D)  who left his handbrake off, my insurance company tripled my premium.  >: Needless to say that i went elsewhere.(

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 October 2021, 01:11:37 »

Scary going head on like that  :o I bet her driving history is littered with claims.
On some days it feels like the loonies are following me around, if I can be arsed I`ll upload the BMW Coupe (Reg. 9 ANC) that had to get to front of the queue at all costs & very nearly side swiped me. When I did catch up with the idiot I felt fully justified in giving him heaps of verbal's  :-X but didn`t ; cos I knew another looney would be along very shortly  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 October 2021, 20:01:35 »

Scary going head on like that  :o I bet her driving history is littered with claims.
On some days it feels like the loonies are following me around, if I can be arsed I`ll upload the BMW Coupe (Reg. 9 ANC) that had to get to front of the queue at all costs & very nearly side swiped me. When I did catch up with the idiot I felt fully justified in giving him heaps of verbal's  :-X but didn`t ; cos I knew another looney would be along very shortly  ::)
Trouble is, these day you can never be sure what weapons said idiots are carrying.  ???
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.