Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Front brake caliper  (Read 2490 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Front brake caliper
« Reply #30 on: 26 February 2022, 17:04:07 »

As long as it seats fully before the running out of thread, then I would think that the length is almost irrelevant.

Obviously using one 100mm long would be ridiculous, but 37-43mm is probably a reasonable range  ;)
« Last Edit: 26 February 2022, 17:07:44 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 February 2022, 11:18:49 »

This post seems to be what you need.

If anyone needs the front brake screws for the Lucas caliper I have found they are M8's, pitch is 1.25 (this is the coarser thread option), the total length is 41.5mm and the spanner size is 9mm.  I couldn't find many people selling the right length but Big Red Ltd sell them on their website and on eBay - their part number is BRB880010.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 March 2022, 16:54:34 »

Just a quick update on the Brakes on my 2002 2.6 Auto. The square seal inside the brake caliper piston chamber, was worn also the piston itself was pitted but the actual chamber is damage free. So got new bleeder valves. They are shorter but do shut off the bleed chamber. Also got the Big Red caliper repair kit with new pistons. It only comes with silicone grease in it. I put the caliper to soak in a Electrolysis bath, to remove all the crud, then wire brushed it, also got some soft dremel wire brushes, to clean out both the seal and dust cover slotsnow it looks alot better.

I have a EEZIBLEED KIT, which I understand work great. I was thinking of doing a full flush, on the system. As it just past with 50% breaking efficiency on the MOT. I did seal off the brake hose on the caliper, before removing it. With the EEZIBleed would it be as simple, do the normal bleed routine. If there is any air in the ABS, which I am hoping there isn't. Would the EEZibleed push it out? I do have access to "My Naff Code Reader", that I have read can activate the ABS. But do I need to know anything, like the version of ABS on the car?

1 - Nearside rear
2 - Offside rear
3 - Nearside front
4 - Offside front

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312585043909
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283288101369

Thanks again for all the help, everyone has given. It is much appreciated.
Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 March 2022, 17:21:48 »

eezibleed will work fine but as its a front caliper it will gravity bleed itself slowly without it and you should end up with a perfect pedal as is. then use the eezy bleeder to do all the others especially if thry havnt been done for a year or few.
always worth greasing up the bleeder screws as well whilst theyre ok
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.