Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris outside number 10  (Read 2438 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Boris outside number 10
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2019, 20:29:33 »

I still can't believe that people voted for brexit.  So it's like a surreal nightmare.

I am totally and utterly gobsmacked. 

I'm also amazed that the alternatives to Boris were worse.

Tony Benn, Micheal foot, Barbara Cartland, Peter Shore Neil Kinnock (before he sold his soul), Tony Blair (before he got drunk with power),Jeremy Corbyn (before he became leader - would all have voted for Brexit.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Boris outside number 10
« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2019, 20:41:33 »

I still can't believe that people voted for brexit.  So it's like a surreal nightmare.

I am totally and utterly gobsmacked. 

I'm also amazed that the alternatives to Boris were worse.
It comes as absolutely no surprise that as a remainer you would think that any pro brexit PM would be a bad idea ::)

It is going to happen one way or another. That much was decided three years ago and quite frankly it's about time that you accept it and start doing what you can to be ready for it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pgv6m8T7iLph43GHA

Look I am a remainer, but I accept that at some point I'll have to stop saying "I oppsing told you so"

I accept it's happening. I'm kind of glad that Boris gets to attempt to fix what he helped break.

To be fair, the thing that I need to be ready for is the changes in April 2020 to IR35 because assuming we still have an aerospace / defence industry to offer the skills of my engineering consultancy to, there's a massive risk that they will blanket assess all contractor as within IR35.

Had the choice of PM before Brexit was even thought of, been Cameron, Hunt, Boris, Blair, Kinnock, May, or Clegg, I'd have suggested it was hobsons choice.  All as bad in their own way.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.