Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £93.33.  (Read 2177 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: £93.33.
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2014, 18:30:28 »

Knowing the incompitence of Merc/AMG designers, I fear Kevin Wood may be nearer the mark...

It's not used for starting  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Merc used (up to 2006?) a fly by wire braking system  SBC that was that good they stopped using it. From what I understand, the MB boffins designed it for so many squillion presses at which point it would fail safe and require you to drive to your local fiendish dealer for a new/recon'd pump. In the good old US of A, MB will still apparently replace it FOC, but here in Blighty, you need to dig deep for a replacement c£1500. It now seems that MB are using 'reconditioned' pumps that are also failing after a relatively short time. There are some places that will reset the counter on the pump for you for another squillion miles ......... but will it make it? Well Punk ..... do you feel lucky? ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2014, 18:39:57 »

Well, I wouldn't spend good money on a Merc anyway, after hearing the stories from one of my bro's - he works for a company that has to fix as many of the Merc designer's balls-ups until the money runs out. Basic things, like "what part numbers from the bilstein catalogue for the suspension". He can't get them to grasp that they should set the specs and tender it out...

...his other one is that even base Mercs have lots of chassis electronics...  ...because the chassis is inherently that poor.

Sorry, no offence to Merc owners intended...
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2014, 18:48:25 »

None taken .......  ;) ;) ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2014, 19:08:45 »

I kind of miss my old Merc.  :-\

If it wasn't made of tin foil I might have kept it!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2014, 19:22:42 »

Worse than I thought, then. One day the little battery fails and you go straight through a drystone wall. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2014, 19:26:07 »

Worse than I thought, then. One day the little battery fails and you go straight through a drystone wall. ::)
Who needs a battery to fail to drive off the road ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 February 2014, 20:51:27 »

Me neither. ;)

I  bought the CLS because I like the style of it.......oh, and that 306 BHP V8 thingy at the front. ;D ;D

Having said that I don't think that it's any better screwed together than my MV6. The standard equipment list is also woeful. :-\

However, for roughly 10% of the original price it's a nice way to get around, but I certainly wouldn't cough up the £60,000 plus that the first owner paid. :D

P.S.... Mercedes dealers are shite, and their labour rates criminal. They don't do well in the JD Power surveys that I've seen.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 February 2014, 21:10:56 »

Me neither. ;)

I  bought the CLS because I like the style of it.......oh, and that 306 BHP V8 thingy at the front. ;D ;D

Having said that I don't think that it's any better screwed together than my MV6. The standard equipment list is also woeful. :-\

However, for roughly 10% of the original price it's a nice way to get around, but I certainly wouldn't cough up the £60,000 plus that the first owner paid. :D

P.S.... Mercedes dealers are shite, and their labour rates criminal. They don't do well in the JD Power surveys that I've seen.
Absol-fraggin-lutely :y
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 February 2014, 21:20:03 »

Me neither. ;)

Agreed with all of above! Though the price of their parts isn't too bad ..... especially if you ask for a bit of discount  ;) And the parts lads have done so in the past and priced matched ........  if you don't ask .....  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2014, 10:44:56 »

Knowing the incompitence of Merc/AMG designers, I fear Kevin Wood may be nearer the mark...

It's not used for starting  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Merc used (up to 2006?) a fly by wire braking system  ]SBC that was that good they stopped using it. From what I understand, the MB boffins designed it for so many squillion presses at which point it would fail safe and require you to drive to your local fiendish dealer for a new/recon'd pump. In the good old US of A, MB will still apparently replace it FOC, but here in Blighty, you need to dig deep for a replacement c£1500. It now seems that MB are using 'reconditioned' pumps that are also failing after a relatively short time. There are some places that will reset the counter on the pump for you for another squillion miles ......... but will it make it? Well Punk ..... do you feel lucky? ;D ;D ;D

According to the old invoices my car has been in for repair three times with SBC problems.

I don't like it......The pedal has a strange feel to it when you apply the brakes. :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2014, 11:12:39 »

I don't like it......The pedal has a strange feel to it when you apply the brakes. :-X

I've only driven one SBC equiped Merc & that was only a few miles around the block ....... didn't notice anything particularly different  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.