Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: board games  (Read 1802 times)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
board games
« on: 11 July 2017, 19:42:14 »

Walked past the lads room to find them strangely quite. No Netflixs film blasting out, or furious keyboard tapping while playing an on line game.
They'd found a 20 yr old chess set with all the pieces!

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
Re: board games
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2017, 20:30:14 »

Probably trying to work out how it plugs in ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2017, 09:49:54 »

Board games (not ones you plug in!) have become very trendy. Bars and restaurants have board game evenings, and there are shops that sell nothing else. Some games are old ones that we will all know, others are brand new and can be very complicated to play.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2017, 10:36:00 »

used to play chess quite a bit when I was younger. I remember the first time I beat my Dad.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2017, 11:29:07 »

used to play chess quite a bit when I was younger. I remember the first time I beat my Dad.

Yep.....when I was 13 or 14 I played at club level.

The best chess players are generally quite young because young people tend to have 'more flexibility of thought'

If I were to play the fourteen year old Opti today he'd give me a good kicking. :-\

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2017, 11:47:29 »

I still play board games pretty regularly. Not sure if that makes me sad, trendy or both. Not much chess anymore, mostly because of the huge variety of games out there I like to keep it fresh.

They range from the very complex (Britannia, Carcassone) which take a full day to play through to the quick and daft (Exploding kittens, Munchkin) many of which can be played "best of 3" in well under an hour.

Friends and I, along with SWMBO, will often have a weekend day in a real ale pub playing various games. Gets you some funny looks but so what :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2017, 11:57:57 »

I still play board games pretty regularly. Not sure if that makes me sad, trendy or both. Not much chess anymore, mostly because of the huge variety of games out there I like to keep it fresh.

They range from the very complex (Britannia, Carcassone) which take a full day to play through to the quick and daft (Exploding kittens, Munchkin) many of which can be played "best of 3" in well under an hour.

Friends and I, along with SWMBO, will often have a weekend day in a real ale pub playing various games. Gets you some funny looks but so what :P

How old are you.... ;D

Being a connoisseur of elderly Scandinavian cars you should only play chess  with 300 year old antique pieces. You should wear thin steel-rimmed spectacles while looking thoughtful, intelligent, and superior.  :) 

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2017, 16:21:39 »

Scrabble for me & SWMBO both love it very evenly matched so always good.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2017, 22:41:27 »

How old are you.... ;D

Being a connoisseur of elderly Scandinavian cars you should only play chess  with 300 year old antique pieces. You should wear thin steel-rimmed spectacles while looking thoughtful, intelligent, and superior.  :)

33 going on 13 :P.

I spend 40-55 hrs a week trying to look thoughtful intelligent and superior. The rest of the time i rather like being a half-cut idiot.  :D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.