Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat

<< < (2/9) > >>

Varche:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 13 July 2018, 11:11:52 ---
--- Quote from: Varche on 13 July 2018, 10:29:03 ---
--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 13 July 2018, 10:19:51 ---Yes....if the 'limp dick' version of Brexit happens then no trade deal with the U.S.

--- End quote ---

Are you looking forward then to cheap out of date Chicken washed in Chlorine or beef reared to poorer European standards?

--- End quote ---
You don't have to buy it, other chickens are available.

--- End quote ---

You missed the operative word "cheap". Opti will have free range capons freshly butchered from his estate.

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Varche on 13 July 2018, 11:53:17 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 13 July 2018, 11:11:52 ---
--- Quote from: Varche on 13 July 2018, 10:29:03 ---
--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 13 July 2018, 10:19:51 ---Yes....if the 'limp dick' version of Brexit happens then no trade deal with the U.S.

--- End quote ---

Are you looking forward then to cheap out of date Chicken washed in Chlorine or beef reared to poorer European standards?

--- End quote ---
You don't have to buy it, other chickens are available.

--- End quote ---

You missed the operative word "cheap". Opti will have free range capons freshly butchered from his estate.

--- End quote ---
Chicken is cheap full stop. Going back to when I was a lad, it was a Sunday roast, now chicken, beef and pork are everyday meats. Lamb is still quite expensive, I paid over £10 for half a leg last time I bought it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
Chicken used to be a treat for the middle class and an 'aspiration only' for the working class.

Now chicken is for everybody. About £3-£4 for a medium sized bird.

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters. It came as a surprise to me.

Varche:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 13 July 2018, 12:41:34 ---Chicken used to be a treat for the middle class and an 'aspiration only' for the working class.

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters. It came as a surprise to me.

--- End quote ---

4 to 7.50 euros here. Supermarkets in the countryside cannot get away with selling the mass produced tasteless rubbish.

Fish too used to be cheap source of protein for the working class.  My dad won't eat anything that sifts sewage for a living. Seems reasonable :o

scimmy_man:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 13 July 2018, 12:41:34 ---Chicken used to be a treat for the middle class and an 'aspiration only' for the working class.

--- End quote ---

and salmon, there was a legal limit how many times a week the workers could be few cheap salmon,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version