Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 24th  (Read 1608 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
February 24th
« on: 18 February 2023, 19:18:56 »

So, how will Putin celebrate ( perhaps mark might be more approriate) 12 months since he invaded Ukraine?

A massive assault?

A test firing of the hypersonic missile during the joint naval venture ( China, Russia and South Africa) ?

Any thoughts on what it might be?

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: February 24th
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2023, 19:26:17 »

So, how will Putin celebrate ( perhaps mark might be more approriate) 12 months since he invaded Ukraine?

A massive assault?

A test firing of the hypersonic missile during the joint naval venture ( China, Russia and South Africa) ?

Any thoughts on what it might be?
Nowt.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2023, 19:28:28 »

Probably just send a few more thousand young Russian lads to their deaths.  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2023, 19:35:00 »

Cannon fodder..... much like the boys who went to war in 1914.

Poor bastards thought that they'd give the hun a bloody nose and be back in blighty in time for tea.

Some were only 14 and lied about their age. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2023, 20:45:53 »

Cannon fodder..... much like the boys who went to war in 1914.

Poor bastards thought that they'd give the hun a bloody nose and be back in blighty in time for tea.

Some were only 14 and lied about their age. :-\

My Grandfather was 15 when he lied about his age and joined the Dorset Reserves in 1914 or 1915.

They were sent to India to relieve the regulars who were posted to the Western Front.  He said he spent most of his time guarding a brothel in Delhi to stop British soldiers from going in ("Mostly dirty Scottish buggers in their kilts" he told me  ;D), although they were sent to the Khyber Pass area to put down a rebellion.

Later he went to Mesopotamia (Iraq) to fight the Turks, a little known part of WW1 and saw some heavy action there I think.  :-\

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2023, 09:33:22 »

No annual address from the Kremlin to the nation last December as there is and has been for decades and no explanation given .
Address planned for Feb 21 but no content pre announced as there always is and has been .......

Possible full mobilization putting the country on a war footing to protect the motherland from the hordes of nazi ,satan worshipping ,degenerate, western forces determined to destroy ruzzia .
A crusade against the West .

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2023, 11:39:23 »

No annual address from the Kremlin to the nation last December as there is and has been for decades and no explanation given .
Address planned for Feb 21 but no content pre announced as there always is and has been .......

Possible full mobilization putting the country on a war footing to protect the motherland from the hordes of nazi ,satan worshipping ,degenerate, western forces determined to destroy ruzzia .

Yes and the West should put it's industrial might onto a war footing to replenish stocks and supply Ukraine with the kit it needs.

It's in no ones interest apart from China, Iran and North Korea's to let Russia prevail in Ukraine.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2023, 13:26:02 »

Why don't we just go in, sort the Russians out and then call it done :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2023, 13:29:08 »

Do we have much military might in 2023? ;)

In the days of empire and pith helmets we would probably have kicked the shit out of them......but we are told we need to apologise for our past.
« Last Edit: 19 February 2023, 13:31:34 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2023, 13:36:59 »

We've already took KFC and McDonalds off them ,short of taking the X-box /PS2s off them , what more can we do  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2023, 13:51:16 »

We've already took KFC and McDonalds off them ,short of taking the X-box /PS2s off them , what more can we do  :P
Put Putin in a box and allow everyone to go back to some sort of normality.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2023, 13:56:00 »

Couple of thoughts. I agree re restocking. Maybe the Concern re ramping up production might be seen as agressive. To me eminent sense to build  up stock.
Quite a few other countries would benefit from Russia prevailing , I would include India and a number of African countries plus of course the Soviet era satellite states especially Belarus.rrr

Yes and the West should put it's industrial might onto a war footing to replenish stocks and supply Ukraine with the kit it needs.

It's in no ones interest apart from China, Iran and North Korea's to let Russia prevail in Ukraine.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2023, 14:33:54 »

In my view, the most unfortunate aspect is how many in the West have been gaslit by the media. Few (though a growing number, I'm pleased to say) know anything about the history and background to this conflict – it's far more complex than the usual baying hounds understand. Much easier to call anyone who is critical of the West's actions a Russian puppet. I despair at times.

Fewer still have an open mind and are willing to spend time and effort on listening and considering the views of those who do not buy into the mainstream media's selective opinions and reporting. They just read the paper and watch BBC and feel confident they know all they need to know. ::)

Even fewer have ever heard of Operation Mockingbird.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2023, 15:18:41 »

In my view, the most unfortunate aspect is how many in the West have been gaslit by the media. Few (though a growing number, I'm pleased to say) know anything about the history and background to this conflict – it's far more complex than the usual baying hounds understand. Much easier to call anyone who is critical of the West's actions a Russian puppet. I despair at times.

Fewer still have an open mind and are willing to spend time and effort on listening and considering the views of those who do not buy into the mainstream media's selective opinions and reporting. They just read the paper and watch BBC and feel confident they know all they need to know. ::)

Are you still punching for putin ...........?
Please don't treat us like fools and we won't think you're a f\/ckin' idiot .

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2023, 15:44:20 »

Frankly, couldn't care less what you think.

Seems like you can't debate in a rational manner.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2023, 16:07:56 »

Frankly, couldn't care less what you think.

Seems like you can't debate in a rational manner.

Oh I can and I welcome and enjoy sensible, accurate debate .
I can also read , listen and view events across a wide spectrum and from those three senses am confident that I have a full and absolute understanding historically , factually and morally of what is exactly behind ruzzia's grasping greed and devotion to misery within and outside it's borders .
I also seem to be on the same side as 95% of the free thinking world in it's condemnation of your favoured country's despicable and utterly abhorrent behaviour towards a free and sovereign neighbour  that posed no threat and has every right to choose it's own path and destiny.
Unlike your "adopted" motherland we have the ability to glean information from more than one single biased and meticulously controlled source.
Don't patronise us by suggesting that the BBC and media are the reasons for our failure to see your skewed perception of the truth.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2023, 16:10:47 »

Operation Mockingbird? Were you actually alive when that was allegedly being carried out? I doubt scraping a fifty year old barrel would disclose much useful information.
I'll stick with my own news sources, thanks, you frighten the living shite out of your kids with yours.
Diesel till I die

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 February 2023, 16:29:42 »

Jeffrey Sachs is an American economist, academic, public policy analyst, and former director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University, where he holds the title of University Professor. He is known for his work on sustainable development, economic development, and the fight to end poverty. He has advised governments around the world and has spoken to the G20.

Here he is speaking and accurately reflecting my thoughts on the war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1EwmYbK7QA

No doubt you will label him a "f^cking idiot", as you did me. ::) ::) 

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2023, 16:38:37 »

Jeffrey Sachs is an American economist, academic, public policy analyst, and former director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University, where he holds the title of University Professor. He is known for his work on sustainable development, economic development, and the fight to end poverty. He has advised governments around the world and has spoken to the G20.

A tip on the art of debating my little friend , don't use another persons view or conclusion as your point of persuasion.
And I only use the description I awarded yourself on a chosen few .

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 February 2023, 16:51:14 »

Ermmmm......no. You are reflecting his thoughts  ;D
If I could be arsed, I could no doubt find dozens of American economists who would totally disagree with Jeffrey, but I don't feel the need.
Diesel till I die

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 February 2023, 17:06:00 »

Because no sane person wants a square foot of ruzzia .
It is morally bankrupt , culturally backward and malignant in it's wish to spread it's miserable influence around the world .
If it blocked itself off from the world and consumed itself in the most incestuous manner no one would care or miss it .
The most successful misconception told to the russian people is that the West wants to invade it and destroy it .
It's like the rancid slurry pit at the bottom of a neighbours garden ,it's there but no one wants it or to even go near it .
It's a tragedy that the people are destined to live in ignorance and abject fear from within at the behest of their " perceived " peers.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 February 2023, 17:37:25 »

Errmmm, no. A reflection is a mirror. I find that Sachs accurately mirrors the thoughts I have held long before I discovered his videos.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 February 2023, 17:40:58 »

Errmmm, no. A reflection is a mirror. I find that Sachs accurately mirrors the thoughts I have held long before I discovered his videos.
If I were you, I'd make a YouTube vid, and put your views out there. Then you could spout your nonsense to the like minded nutters who gave you oxygen, instead of on here  :)
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 February 2023, 17:44:59 »

Couple of thoughts. I agree re restocking. Maybe the Concern re ramping up production might be seen as aggressive. To me eminent sense to build  up stock.
Quite a few other countries would benefit from Russia prevailing , I would include India and a number of African countries plus of course the Soviet era satellite states especially Belarus.rrr

I think the time is coming when Western politicians need to stop worrying about whether our actions are going to look aggressive or whether Putin will be provoked or not.

If we continue to look weak and prevaricate, at some point he will decide to test NATO's Article 5 (all for one, one for all) with an attack on a NATO member and would anyone be surprised if the principle that an attack on one, is an attack on all, falls over at the first hurdle?  ???

Like it or not I don't think this war will end anytime soon, and there's a lot of countries sitting on the fence or are overtly friendly with Russia. The Western world should make it clear that you can be friends with Russia, or you can be friends with the West. You can't be friends with both.

South Africa for example is currently holding naval exercises with Russia and China.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2023, 17:54:57 »

It is morally bankrupt , culturally backward and malignant in it's wish to spread it's miserable influence around the world .
If it blocked itself off from the world and consumed itself in the most incestuous manner no one would care or miss it .
The most successful misconception told to the russian people is that the West wants to invade it and destroy it .
It's like the rancid slurry pit at the bottom of a neighbours garden ,it's there but no one wants it or to even go near it .
It's a tragedy that the people are destined to live in ignorance and abject fear from within at the behest of their " perceived " peers.
We've invaded places for less :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2023, 17:57:24 »

We've invaded places for less :-X
Yes, but not nuclear armed 'places'.
And when you say 'we', who do you mean...exactly?
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2023, 18:53:51 »

More recently, we has generally been some sort of coalition.

By supplying arms to Ukraine, we are as involved as being their but without having any strategic input.

That said, I note that the last time we went to Crimea, we were annihilated.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2023, 19:03:58 »

By supplying arms to Ukraine, we are as involved as being their but without having any strategic input.

Yes, we should have sent a heavy brigade.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2023, 19:13:36 »

Yes, we should have sent a heavy brigade.

And maybe not charged....... a lesson they didn't learn 60 years later on the Somme.  :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 February 2023, 21:10:18 »

For every Mocking bird, there has probably been five Russian operations. I have no doubt the West, China and especially Russia ( and of course North Korea) are promulgating cyber attacks via the internet every day. Six of one and half a dozen of the other or nine and three. That is the question. Most will see it as Russia, China, North Korea are the bad guys but there will always be those who see it differently. At least the “ West”has free speech. Something in very very short supply in the fore mentioned. If it is so good why havent you emigrated ?

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2023, 00:04:10 »

It'll be interesting to see how close to the truth Konstantin is .......If you have the inclination sit down with a coffee and listen to his predictions ( 35 minutes )
We'll see .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1mDRK9IAA
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.