Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does it always have to be this way???  (Read 544 times)

chrisr

• 02 2.2 petrol
    • View Profile
Why does it always have to be this way???
« on: 11 September 2023, 17:58:08 »

So having set aside this morning to change the oil and filter on the old girl I got to work at around 9 this morning.Warm engine, all tools out of the shed, car up on jack, axle stand underneath, drain plug out easy, didn’t spill any oil, filter came off by hand (surprisingly, it’s normally a struggle) new filter, new oil, start up, check level,  all good. That went well, I thought, and at that point I should have packed up and gone in, but no, not me! “I might as well put that new fuel filter on that I’ve had for a year or two”
Oh dear, do you think the old one would come off? Even with the proper removal pliers the connectors would not give in. Eventually one clip fell apart enough that it gave in and came off, I got a face full of petrol even though I’d removed the fuse, the other side ( from the tank) would not budge even though I again managed to destroy the clip. It seemed the filter was rust welded to the pipe. Having gone this far there was no turning back so using brute force and a large pair of pliers I eventually got the filter disconnected, more petrol in the face and eyes - it really stings!
New filter came with clips so now just a case of pushing it into the connectors and off we go - all done! Fuse back in, start engine, no leaks, great! I’ll just check those connectors are tight - the one from the tank immediately pulled out and gave me another petrol shower, pushed it back on but now it would not stop gushing! I then found some small o rings that must have come out of the connector but no matter how I tried to put them back in it still leaked. At this point I decided to stop and come back another day, and order a new connector. Then I checked on here and someone said they are not available, great! As I was packing up I remembered seeing the hatch in the boot floor when I last had the carpet out, I lifted the hatch and there was the other end of the pipe and I could see the connector, “Why does this have to be so complicated.?” I thought, and it doesn’t! One length of fuel pipe and two jubilee clips later (luckily I have use of another car) and away we go! If only I’d thought of it three hours ago!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.