Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What A Friendly Place  (Read 3658 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: What A Friendly Place
« Reply #15 on: 10 June 2007, 19:18:52 »

Live in a village halfway between St Austell and Newquay so about 15 mins from South Coast and 15 Mins from North Coast must admit we are very lucky to be in such a beautiful place and can have tea on the beach if we choose although as it is always raining we don't do it that often 8-)
Been to St Austell, and Newquay (horrible place imho) a few times, but only ever driven through the Indian Queens area.

Got to be honest, I like Cornwall, go there twice a year. Newquay, though, represents all that is bad and tacky with UK seaside towns.

You're quite right, Newquay is not very nice but is not frequented by locals. We go to the special beaches that are not visible to incomers. These are beaches where all the beer is free and all the single girls sunbathe in the nude. Obviously we don't publicise these places or everyone would want to go there. For everyone else there is NEWQUAY ;D

Now now! we are members of OOF I won't tell anyone ;) just interested in the free beer obviously ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 June 2007, 20:07:13 »

Live in a village halfway between St Austell and Newquay so about 15 mins from South Coast and 15 Mins from North Coast must admit we are very lucky to be in such a beautiful place and can have tea on the beach if we choose although as it is always raining we don't do it that often 8-)

Hi and welcome to the Forum :y

We have been to Pentewan Sands for a few years running lovely place  ;)

:yPentewan Sands, beautiful but they won't let locals on the beach :'( Still, close to work and my daughter used to be able to see the beach there from her classroom. If that had been me I wouldn't have got any work done.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2007, 20:12:00 »

Been to St Austell, and Newquay (horrible place imho) a few times, but only ever driven through the Indian Queens area.

Got to be honest, I like Cornwall, go there twice a year. Newquay, though, represents all that is bad and tacky with UK seaside towns.

You're quite right, Newquay is not very nice but is not frequented by locals. We go to the special beaches that are not visible to incomers. These are beaches where all the beer is free and all the single girls sunbathe in the nude. Obviously we don't publicise these places or everyone would want to go there. For everyone else there is NEWQUAY ;D

Now now! we are members of OOF I won't tell anyone ;) just interested in the free beer obviously ;D ;D

:yForget the beer, I prefer the idea of applying the sun cream ::)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 June 2007, 15:35:25 »

Hi and welcome to the Forum  :y
DaveL

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #19 on: 11 June 2007, 17:33:16 »

Hello and welcome to our forum  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 June 2007, 20:40:30 »

Thanks for such a warm welcome from everyone. I haave been back every day so far and find all the comments and posts addictive :y

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2007, 00:28:39 »

hello and enjoy :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 12 June 2007, 00:29:00 by geoff »

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2007, 12:10:05 »

Hi golfbuddy and welcome aboard :y

I'm a fairly regular visitor to Cornwall as I have friends in St Agnes - great part of the country :y 8-)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2007, 16:48:43 »

I'm a fairly regular visitor to Cornwall as I have friends in St Agnes - great part of the country :y 8-)
St Agnes is a really beautiful part of the county. We love the north coast and its dramatic scenery. Next time you visit, the A30 should be dualled across Goss Moor so the jams won't be so bad under the Iron Bridge, fingers crossed.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 June 2007, 20:08:12 »

St Agnes is a really beautiful part of the county. We love the north coast and its dramatic scenery. Next time you visit, the A30 should be dualled across Goss Moor so the jams won't be so bad under the Iron Bridge, fingers crossed.
Thats due to be finished soon, isn't it?
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #25 on: 13 June 2007, 10:19:05 »

Hello and welcome :y

Cornwall is lovely - I have relatives there - we often stay near Falmouth

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2007, 20:24:30 »

Thats due to be finished soon, isn't it?
Part of it opened about a month ago, and I was talking to someone today who said that it should be fully open in a couple of weeks. Just in time for the summer. 8-)

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2007, 20:26:43 »

Hello and welcome :y

Cornwall is lovely - I have relatives there - we often stay near Falmouth
We are really living the dream having moved from Bristol about three years ago. If anyone needs any info about places to stay or to visit, just let me know and I will find out what I can :y

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 June 2007, 21:47:19 »

Hi everybody

What a friendly place this looks to be.

Like most people, I never register for forums or chat rooms or anything else on the web but this site community looks really welcoming and all of the posts I have read seem to be from really caring people who want to help each other out. I suppose it's because everyone is so pleased that they drive on of the best kept secrets on the road.

I'm sure I'll be back soon as I've recently decided to do more work on the car myself.

Welcome golfbuddy, and enjoy the site by the way keep quiet about  luxobarges or everyone will want one and the prices will go up ;)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 June 2007, 23:03:20 »

Hi everybody

What a friendly place this looks to be.

Like most people, I never register for forums or chat rooms or anything else on the web but this site community looks really welcoming and all of the posts I have read seem to be from really caring people who want to help each other out. I suppose it's because everyone is so pleased that they drive on of the best kept secrets on the road.

I'm sure I'll be back soon as I've recently decided to do more work on the car myself.

Welcome golfbuddy, and enjoy the site by the way keep quiet about  luxobarges or everyone will want one and the prices will go up ;)
Don't worry Tony. I won't tell anyone if you don't. The only problem is that I don't know what I will do when there aren't any decent Omegas left to buy. I suppose I had better look after this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.