Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Tractor engine swap  (Read 46030 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Project Tractor engine swap
« Reply #210 on: 25 August 2007, 23:11:35 »

hmm kind of expected that >:( when we moved the pump the extra mm and it didnt improve it any further, should have reset it to the second or third position it was best there i think, did you try a hot start? was it ok? how much smoke now? damn i can see me going round again to get it dead right!!!
mrs Omegatoy wasnt to mad really  :o as she informed me that i had bought her a new phone!!!! :-* for being so late, fancy hurting a guy in his wallet? thats only just slightly better than the ear bashing i was expecting!!! :'(
Stopped at Tunnie's for about 30mins, started fine then.  It was dark, but could see a little smoke as I passed the streetlights when caning it.

Shall I get that broken socket replaced so we can do piezo injector up, or see about refund and try and get Draper set from somewhere?

The strange rattle when I first went on test drive went after while.  Hopefully the lifter treatment will start to work if it is tappets.  I'm not sure if its tappet or diesel knock noise?

On the driveway, if I revved it, bit get a fair bit of smoke - it disappeared under MV6 and appeared behind that. Probably too much smoke...
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 25 August 2007, 23:21:33 »

Under load, its a loud tickety noise

If the rattle is sensitive to load it's unlikely be tappets I'd say. More likely timing related or an exhaust blow perhaps?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 25 August 2007, 23:26:02 »

If the rattle is sensitive to load it's unlikely be tappets I'd say. More likely timing related or an exhaust blow perhaps?

Kevin
Take your foot off at 70mph ::), and its nearly quiet.

Oh, and Omegatoy, guess who forgot to put the wipers on ::) - you try washing your windscreen at silly speeds, only to find there is nothing to wipe the screen ;D.  I should know better - I did the same to MaxV6 earlier this year  :-[
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 25 August 2007, 23:26:32 »

hmm kind of expected that >:( when we moved the pump the extra mm and it didnt improve it any further, should have reset it to the second or third position it was best there i think, did you try a hot start? was it ok? how much smoke now? damn i can see me going round again to get it dead right!!!
mrs Omegatoy wasnt to mad really  :o as she informed me that i had bought her a new phone!!!! :-* for being so late, fancy hurting a guy in his wallet? thats only just slightly better than the ear bashing i was expecting!!! :'(
Stopped at Tunnie's for about 30mins, started fine then.  It was dark, but could see a little smoke as I passed the streetlights when caning it.

Shall I get that broken socket replaced so we can do piezo injector up, or see about refund and try and get Draper set from somewhere?

The strange rattle when I first went on test drive went after while.  Hopefully the lifter treatment will start to work if it is tappets.  I'm not sure if its tappet or diesel knock noise?

On the driveway, if I revved it, bit get a fair bit of smoke - it disappeared under MV6 and appeared behind that. Probably too much smoke...
Think we should tighten the piezo injector but also think you should put a few hundred miles on it before we go doing anything else to see if it settles down after clearing its throat so to speak, slight power loss could be down to extremely flat inlet gaskets allowing a small boost bleed off? also think should blank egr off to see if it restores your performance ;D but all that can be done later just good to see you driving the thing without causing a water shortage again :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25 August 2007, 23:36:02 »

Think we should tighten the piezo injector but also think you should put a few hundred miles on it before we go doing anything else to see if it settles down after clearing its throat so to speak, slight power loss could be down to extremely flat inlet gaskets allowing a small boost bleed off? also think should blank egr off to see if it restores your performance ;D but all that can be done later just good to see you driving the thing without causing a water shortage again :y
Yeah, need to flush coolant through a few times - donor car probably didn't have much antifreeze in by look of things.  Don't want to do another oil change until that lifter treatment has had chance to work - or should I consider putting more in?

I'll get that socket replaced tomorrow if Motorserv are open, so any time you have 10mins, drop me a text :y.  An experienced ear on the remaining noise, and perhaps a test drive?
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 25 August 2007, 23:57:53 »

Kevin

Oh, and Omegatoy, guess who forgot to put the wipers on ::) - you try washing your windscreen at silly speeds, only to find there is nothing to wipe the screen ;D.  I should know better - I did the same to MaxV6 earlier this year  :-[

note to self, if the boy offers to fit a part on my car, go round behind him and tighten everything he does up!!!!!! ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 26 August 2007, 00:14:47 »

Kevin

note to self, if the boy offers to fit a part on my car, go round behind him and tighten everything he does up!!!!!! ;D
After everything I said, you can imagine what a dork I felt when I realised  :-[
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 26 August 2007, 08:36:57 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Glad you're getting there TB :y
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #218 on: 26 August 2007, 09:45:21 »

Kevin

;D ;D done that before - quick test drive of Bob Dents old estate after dis pack swap saw me caught in a down pour and no blades...
Good news at last on this one.....maybe next weekend we have a double celebration  - perfect running tractor and Vectra v6  :D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 26 August 2007, 10:26:58 »

Ha ha so Tunnie has competion in breaking things  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 26 August 2007, 10:37:04 »

Good news at last on this one.....maybe next weekend we have a double celebration  - perfect running tractor and Vectra v6  :D
I think thats pushing the truth a little ;D
Grumpy old man

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 26 August 2007, 10:53:00 »

Glad to hear its running at last ;) Have you tried running Forte via the filter?? This should reduce the smoke a fair bit.
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 26 August 2007, 11:02:11 »

Glad to hear its running at last ;) Have you tried running Forte via the filter?? This should reduce the smoke a fair bit.
Half filled the fuel filter with Diesel Magic (as recommended by Omegatoy).  Could possible do with another dose once I've done a few miles.
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #223 on: 26 August 2007, 19:05:26 »

happy to hear its working ok  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 26 August 2007, 19:18:26 »

Unfortunately, the rather thing is jinxed.

Yesterday was obviously just a fluke.

If you can start the heap, it runs awful, lumpy, smokey, noisy.  No amount of pump adjustment dials it out today.

Both Omegatoy and I are entirely out of ideas now.

Time to call the local scrappy for collection methinks.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.