Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on Omega Elite V/2000 Audio Installation.  (Read 1283 times)

abertawe1970

• shropshire
    • View Profile
Help on Omega Elite V/2000 Audio Installation.
« on: 06 May 2009, 19:39:17 »

I have just bought a new Alpine CDE-W203Ri stereo, which is replacing the CCR-2006 but cannot get the speakers to work. It has the built in BOSS sound system and traffic master but don't know if that would make any diff?
Has anyone got the colour diagrams for the wire loom, if i need to start cutting wires?  :-?

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Help on Omega Elite V/2000 Audio Installation.
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2009, 19:48:22 »

cant fit an aftermarket stereo to a BOSE car attempting to make the amplifier to work will either break the headunit or burn the headunits amp out it might smoke!  Speaking from first hand experiance!

You have to remove the whole bose system amp speakers etc and replace it with either aftermarket speakers or standard vauxhall non bose ones

Bose amplifier & CCR2006 uses 2 ohms Alpine & any other head unit uses 4ohm so thats why the bose system will break the alpine
« Last Edit: 06 May 2009, 19:49:27 by tmx »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2009, 19:49:01 »

You will need to bypass the BOSE system completely and rewire accordingly.

Its exceptionally well documented if you look back through some of the old threads on this forum.

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

big-o-bob

• Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2009, 23:50:48 »

Its exceptionally well documented if you look back through some of the old threads on this forum.

I had the same problem when installing a jvc head unit to a pre facelift omega.  What prevents the speakers from working when a new head unit is installed?

Only asking, cos I may attemp to install the same JVC unit into my facelift omega.  In a Vectra I owned, the JVC head unit sounded fantastic, compared to the origional head unit - this was using the origional speakers as well. :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2009, 08:02:53 »

I had the same problem when installing a jvc head unit to a pre facelift omega.  What prevents the speakers from working when a new head unit is installed?

Only asking, cos I may attemp to install the same JVC unit into my facelift omega.  In a Vectra I owned, the JVC head unit sounded fantastic, compared to the origional head unit - this was using the origional speakers as well. :y

The two major issues are

1) The input levels of the BOSE amp are non standard, and trying to connect RCA or speaker outputs from your head unit will not provide good results.

2) BOSE speakers are 2 Ohm, so even after you have bypassed the amp because you cant get it to work properly, the head unit will see the 2 Ohm speakers (UK aftermarket uses 4 Ohms impedance) as a short circuit - if you have a good head unit it may cause the prtection circuit to kick in and shut down teh audio, but in 75% of connections it will cause the head unit internals to literally go BANG !

Guides to remove BOSE are on this forum, and I`m sure that someone can direct you to tehm if you are unable to find them.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

big-o-bob

• Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2009, 20:52:53 »

The two major issues are

1) The input levels of the BOSE amp are non standard, and trying to connect RCA or speaker outputs from your head unit will not provide good results.

2) BOSE speakers are 2 Ohm, so even after you have bypassed the amp because you cant get it to work properly, the head unit will see the 2 Ohm speakers (UK aftermarket uses 4 Ohms impedance) as a short circuit - if you have a good head unit it may cause the prtection circuit to kick in and shut down teh audio, but in 75% of connections it will cause the head unit internals to literally go BANG !

;)

I am almost certain the pre-facelift omega I tried to install the JVC head unit to - did'nt have bose speakers...just the standard ones.

However, I still could get no sound from the speakers, using the existing speaker wires. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.