Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I have learned today ...! How much ...  (Read 1074 times)

musicboy

• South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
What I have learned today ...! How much ...
« on: 04 August 2009, 19:45:13 »

.. of a bitch is it to get any audio stuff in an Omega !! I know most of the nooks and crannies but I have one seriously scraped knuckle finding out ....

Tips - (for those who don't know already and are starting from scratch like me!)

The end side panel of the dash at the drivers side pops off so you can run car kit wires etc up the side more easily ... if you open the cubby hole thing as well you can see more holes to finger ... I then 'trapped' the control box of my car kit above the foam / board cover thing which covers under the dash (didn't fancy removing the glovebox at all after reading about it)

You can unscrew the relay and fuse box panels from inside the fusebox under the steering wheel and lift them down to get wires through there and out of the way ...

If you get a knitting needle .... or, as I didn't have one handy I used an old Veccy aerial ... when you take the old radio out there are several holes on the inside right side ... poke your implement down the nearest one to you and eventually it will appear behind the relay panel. Then tape the wire to your implement and carefully drag it back through again - now the only problem is that this will be fouled by the new radio cage going in but you can then thread the wire back to where the main loom comes through so it's out of the way.

None of this is rocket science but I know a lot more about my car interior than I did before !!

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
Re: What I have learned today ...! How much ...
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2009, 19:55:42 »

I think i'll keep my factory bose system  ;) Would be nice to have a modern mp3/usb head unit but i think it would be a serious pain to change everything (especially reading your post!) and the bose system does sound very good, ive been quite impressed with it.

Boracic

• Dartford Kent
    • View Profile
Re: What I have learned today ...! How much ...
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2009, 13:54:34 »

Yeah, it's no fun at all, I did buy a steering wheel control adaptor for my new head unit, but there was no way on earth it would have fitted behind the head unit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.