Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: fuel consumption  (Read 2706 times)

spaceraceuk

• Ipswich, UK
    • View Profile
Re: fuel consumption
« Reply #30 on: 12 January 2008, 16:44:00 »

Me too, Cruise has the habit of dropping down a gear & accelerating rapidly to restore the speed .....

An Omega's cruise is very gentle compared to a Senator, they really did want to restore your previous speed ASAP!  ;)

god yes I used to love resuming with greater than a 10mph increase to achieve. my 3.0i senator would absolutely lift off in a way I could never bring myself to do with the accelerator!
- spacerace -

Bourne

• Essex
  • Stupid tiny glovebox !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 January 2008, 16:44:01 »

I've got a 3.0 mv6 auto. Does about 21/22 going to work in urban trafic. On the mtorway , if I set the cruise at 74mph I can get 34 mpg on a run.Not that I would ever drive over the speed limit of course. ;)

pfj101

• Halesowen, West Mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 January 2008, 17:51:08 »

My current average is 22 mpg with a mix of motorway & urban. Urban driving usually gives mw between 16 - 18 MPG with 30 + available on motorway journeys.

Optimum cruise is usually between 56 60mph for pretty much any vehicle. I do some test driving for various companies and that is generally considered to be the case.

You are right about never being out of the garage, putting a tenner in is a complete waste of time and energy as you will be back there about 15 minutes later, worth for the V6 rumble though!
You are never as good as you think you are, and never as bad as other people say you are.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.