Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: OH NO IVE CRASHED  (Read 2579 times)

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
OH NO IVE CRASHED
« on: 06 January 2010, 16:32:28 »

ive started of the new year in the worst way possible!

i was coming round a slight bend on the narrow bit of a road near me, i was only doing around 10 ish when a on coming car made me touch the breaks and the car hit the barrier!! gutted!! :'(

back in work on saturday ive got to some how sort the headlight by then....i need to lie down!!!
« Last Edit: 06 January 2010, 16:33:22 by fudy »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: OH NO IVE CRASHED
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2010, 16:38:34 »

Oops.

Wings bolt on, bonnet bolts on (obviously), front bumpers & lights easily swappable.

If you can find somewone breaking a facelift with the same colour code as you then life shouldn't be too difficult.

In the short term you need a new or used headlight and need to make sure there are no sharp edges to impale padestrians on.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Ken L

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2010, 16:39:41 »

Sad!   Hope you get it sorted ok.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2010, 16:42:32 »

Sorry to see that damage on your car,this weather has a lot to answer for ....and it looks like more snow to come !!

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2010, 16:55:31 »

i found this one on ebay  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-FACELIFT-PASSENGER-SIDE-HEADLIGHT_W0QQitemZ350277036211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518e2368b3 not sure if it the right one mine is self leveling
not a hid light so if yours is self levelling it will be elite which means you need a hid light. no good :( if i read it correctly?

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2010, 16:58:24 »

i found this one on ebay  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-FACELIFT-PASSENGER-SIDE-HEADLIGHT_W0QQitemZ350277036211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518e2368b3 not sure if it the right one mine is self leveling
not a hid light so if yours is self levelling it will be elite which means you need a hid light. no good :( if i read it correctly?
either way its worth ringing him, he is very helpfull :y

Omega3

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2010, 17:11:58 »

Arrghh! Not Good. Sorry to see the damage to your car. I had a lucky escape myself last night whe I got a bit too sideways for comfort. Hope you get it sorted.
Previously: Mercedes CLK 320cdi, Insignia SRi, 53 Omega 2.2CD, 02 3.2 elite, 01 Omega 2.2CD, 94 Omega 2.0 Est, Mercedes 300TE, Toyota Supra 3.0, Honda Legend Coupe, Supra 2.8i Mk2, Fiat X1/9, Lancia Trevi

Miggy24

• Exeter,Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2010, 17:29:11 »

Bad luck my friend.Hope you get it sorted soon

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2010, 17:46:19 »

tnx guys!!
yeah there hids does this make them harder to find? im gonna start ringing round the breakers tommorow fingers crossed i can get a colour match aswell!. anyone know what sort of ballpark prices for the wing, bonnet, light and bumper? (jesus that's a long list :'()
« Last Edit: 06 January 2010, 18:56:13 by fudy »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2010, 17:52:02 »

Have you found the paint code http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1222004989 ?

Might be worth finding the code and doing a search of the parts for sale section using the code as a search string.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

spacekid2009

« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2010, 18:08:07 »

Sorry to see you fell victim of the weather, i do bodywork repairs and live in Cheadle, if you need any help with anything let me know.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #12 on: 06 January 2010, 18:22:54 »

That is bad luck, but I suspect very many are experiencing the same!! :o :o :'( :'(

Hope you can get it sorted quickly ;) ;)

spacekid2009

« Reply #13 on: 06 January 2010, 18:34:35 »

Just looked at your car again, the bumper will repair

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 January 2010, 18:39:56 »

Really sorry Fudy, I hope you get it sorted OK. There but for the grace etc..... Positive side hopefully no-one was injured.

Best wishes :y :y :y

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 January 2010, 19:04:41 »

Sorry to see you fell victim of the weather, i do bodywork repairs and live in Cheadle, if you need any help with anything let me know.
tnx m8 might take you up on that  :)

Have you found the paint code http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1222004989 ?

Might be worth finding the code and doing a search of the parts for sale section using the code as a search string.
i will check the paint code tommorow im too drunk to do anything now, drowning sorrows and all that.!

anyone know some ballpark figures for parts needed? ive spotted a wing for £55 but its a pattern part!

Welung666

« Reply #16 on: 06 January 2010, 20:22:51 »

I've got a gold front bumper if you're stuck, cheap too. Also may have a N/S headlight with a broken adjuster if you're really stuck, just as a sto-gap :y

As for the headlight not being HID, that's simply a case of swopping the bulb, self levelling unit and ballast pack to the replacement.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2010, 20:23:10 by Welung666 »

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 January 2010, 20:26:19 »

Gutted for ya mate - not nice. :(

Hope you get it sorted soon!
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 January 2010, 20:57:01 »

Commiserations mate, there will be more of us joining you before this weather sods off I bet! >:( :(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 January 2010, 21:02:13 »

In a few weeks you will be laughing at this. There will also be people saying "I wish my car only had a little damage like that". The last time I bought a wing, it cost me a fiver! Good luck mate.  :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 January 2010, 21:06:43 »

I've got a gold front bumper if you're stuck, cheap too. Also may have a N/S headlight with a broken adjuster if you're really stuck, just as a sto-gap :y

As for the headlight not being HID, that's simply a case of swopping the bulb, self levelling unit and ballast pack to the replacement.[/quote]
Projector lens is not designed for use with HID bulbs. GM projector lens has H1 stamped on it whereas GM HID lens has DS2 on it.
I`m breaking a facelift in "parts" but it`s Z147, still got the body panels ::)
« Last Edit: 06 January 2010, 21:09:08 by RobG »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Omega 37

• Intermediate Member
  • Northampton
    • CD 2.2, HP Firenza & TR6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 January 2010, 21:52:42 »

You will laugh about it 1 day!!!
last sept I had my classic vauxhall 1974 firenza resprayed(2k) 2 days later smacked the middle of the drivers door into the corner of the garage wall.
big horribble dent :-[
Got a fridge 10 pack of fosters from the shop, all that was in the fridge in the morning was a cardboard box!!!!!!!!!! :D

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 January 2010, 22:26:55 »

Projector lens is not designed for use with HID bulbs. GM projector lens has H1 stamped on it whereas GM HID lens has DS2 on it.

the lens is still undamaged and the bulb still lights up, could i swap this over as well? 

As for the headlight not being HID, that's simply a case of swopping the bulb, self levelling unit and ballast pack to the replacement.

thx m8 gonna see if i can find one of the same colour first though, with the head light could i fit the ajuster of mine to make it a working headlight?

Welung666

« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2010, 22:51:42 »

the lens is still undamaged and the bulb still lights up, could i swap this over as well? 

thx m8 gonna see if i can find one of the same colour first though, with the head light could i fit the ajuster of mine to make it a working headlight?

Yes quite easily if we could get together you could have it for a tenner and I'd help you do it :y

spacekid2009

« Reply #24 on: 06 January 2010, 23:19:43 »

try these www.vauxhallspares.co.uk and www.megavaux.co.uk they may have what you need

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2010, 09:20:32 »

To make a projector hid, you need to swap the internal lense assembly over as well as the bulb and ballast etc.

Not to big a job.

The front lenses are the same from a design perspective but, they have different markings on (not a big issue)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2010, 10:43:30 »

To make a projector hid, you need to swap the internal lense assembly over as well as the bulb and ballast etc.

Not to big a job.

The front lenses are the same from a design perspective but, they have different markings on (not a big issue)
What are the differences between them Mark?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2010, 12:45:18 »

Not to big a job.

so i could buy the one of ebay, or the one Welung666 has then swap the parts of mine? the intenal lens assembly is broken on my light but the lens bulb ect is still in one pieces! (well two pieces)
« Last Edit: 07 January 2010, 12:45:51 by fudy »

Welung666

« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2010, 12:49:21 »

The indicator part is seperate and I have self adhesive mirror film, we could repair the reflector. If you can't get down then post it and I'll swop it all for you :y
« Last Edit: 07 January 2010, 12:49:42 by Welung666 »

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2010, 18:52:06 »

The indicator part is seperate and I have self adhesive mirror film, we could repair the reflector. If you can't get down then post it and I'll swop it all for you :y

will pm you m8 :y

Im not 100% on my colour code the only number i can match on my vin is 34L? which makes it 20H/34L,36U: Nocturno Blau Met [Bertone] (99-) ive taken a photo of my vin plate but im not sure if its safe to put a pic up on the web?

spacekid2009

« Reply #30 on: 07 January 2010, 19:04:03 »

you'll have a job getting an exact match t b h, even if you got the bits from a car that was on the same production line as yours in the same colour, the paint fades and weathers differently on all cars, depends on how they been looked after, where they been parked, exposed to adverse weather conditions and so on, so you might get the same colour parts, but theres a chance that they may be a shade out when you fit them to yours, let me know if you need any help with anything. Ray.

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 January 2010, 19:24:15 »

you'll have a job getting an exact match t b h, even if you got the bits from a car that was on the same production line as yours in the same colour, the paint fades and weathers differently on all cars, depends on how they been looked after, where they been parked, exposed to adverse weather conditions and so on, so you might get the same colour parts, but theres a chance that they may be a shade out when you fit them to yours, let me know if you need any help with anything. Ray.

will do m8 :y

im gonna start phoning round tommorow and see what i can lay my hands on ive got a good few places thx to the peeps on here :y
just want to make sure im asking for the correct colour?

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 January 2010, 20:00:47 »

34L is Nocturno Blue all right, I would not put up your VIN number. I do appreciate paint fades & you may not get a 100% perfect match, but dark colours like yours are pretty good for matching up. All three panels you need could be fitted, & resprayed when time & finances allow.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2010, 20:02:19 by Agemo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.