Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouldy interior  (Read 2837 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: Mouldy interior
« Reply #15 on: 04 February 2021, 23:14:01 »

Thanks for the replies.I have looked for leaks in the past but have not found any.I hope that it is due to condensation but will still monitor for leaks.Cam why do you say disconnect battery.
hi.my suggestion was if your leaving car for more than a couple of months its worth disconnecting battery if only to stop it going flat.however if you start it once a month and let it run for a good half hour all should be well .a good battery should be able to be left 2 to 3 months without going flat realy but batteries dont like being left partly discharged and dont always recover to their full capacity.

my omega has been regularly left untouched for 2 months at a time and started fine. once it was left for 3 and did still start but that was on the limit. but yes i know what you mean about older cars. i can leave two of mine that i run on a 6 month rotation untouched and with battery connected and are fine .basic cars only power the clock and alternator regulator ( and radio if  touch on/off). 
still get damp/ mouldy thou !

That used to be the case about 20 years ago, but not now I'm afraid ... with ultrasonic movement alarms, constantly "listening" unlocking mechansims, fancy radios and clocks, LEDs in alarms etc etc the battery drain on a "modern" car is way higher than it ever used to be.

The Omega I could leave for about 4-5 weeks before it started to struggle .. the Audi is about 21 days ...... which is why, under covid-19 it is permanently connected to a smart charger.... just isn't being used at the moment

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2021, 00:39:56 »

I did recently disconnect the battery and give it a charge with a smart charger. I wondered if it would be ok to leave the battery connected whilst charging can this give electronic problems.My radio is aftermarket and is not affected when the battery is disconnected.

This recent topic may help you ...
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=147848.0
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 February 2021, 17:17:56 »

Sorry to have wasted your time everybody. I stripped out the carpets etc and found plenty of water.I then checked the scuttle drain and although it was flowing it was slow I very often clean this with a  stick and a vacuum this time I used a wire coat hanger with a suitable bend on the end and lots of muck was washed out and the flow was fast.This is how I used to clean it why did I change my method? now the long process of drying out.The kick panel passenger side does this clip in or does it have a screw.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2021, 17:48:04 »

Screw. One in the centre of the panel and one under the sill cover :y
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.