Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive  (Read 9769 times)

aaronjb

Re: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive
« Reply #75 on: 09 March 2020, 07:42:47 »

Jaguar dealers/reps (well the 3 I've had experience of) annoy the balls off me too. But that's another story  :-X

The common feeling on the JLR forums I'm on is "Don't buy one if you're going to have to rely on the main dealer, only if you have a good indy" (that's RRS, including current models) because the dealers are all out to skin you alive on very expensive repairs..

A quick shuffle through the receipts that came with the XE had me rolling on the floor. £450 for an oil change and a couple of filters, oh, and some coffee, probably. Needless to say, the indy round the corner from my office got the job of doing the next one, and only to preserve the warranty.

My favourite on the RRS forum - to replace a £15 bracket behind the bumper is a £1500 repair! An indy will have the bumper off in well under an hour..

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 March 2020, 10:17:50 »

Jaguar dealers/reps (well the 3 I've had experience of) annoy the balls off me too. But that's another story  :-X

The common feeling on the JLR forums I'm on is "Don't buy one if you're going to have to rely on the main dealer, only if you have a good indy" (that's RRS, including current models) because the dealers are all out to skin you alive on very expensive repairs..

A quick shuffle through the receipts that came with the XE had me rolling on the floor. £450 for an oil change and a couple of filters, oh, and some coffee, probably. Needless to say, the indy round the corner from my office got the job of doing the next one, and only to preserve the warranty.

I paid £599 for a five year service plan (five services if you judge it right), easiest decision I have ever had to make  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 March 2020, 13:01:47 »

I paid £599 for a five year service plan (five services if you judge it right), easiest decision I have ever had to make  :y

£120 for each service. What's not to like. :y

Just hope the job is not given to the neanderthal. ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 10 March 2020, 08:31:34 »

£120 for each service. What's not to like. :y

Just hope the job is not given to the neanderthal. ;)

They know better than that, as they already had a call from the head of UK retail when they kept the Velar for a few days for a service.  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.