Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warranty claim on the Tata.  (Read 10466 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty claim on the Tata.
« Reply #105 on: 29 March 2021, 15:59:55 »

I always forget where Park is on those column shifts,  ....

In the middle of R & D   ;) Mine will go into park itself if you switch the ignition off or open the driver's door. Though in my mind, Merc put them 4rse about face ... you push it forwards for reverse & backwards for drive. On a FLT you push the paddle in the direction you want to go.  :y

Common on all, its a legals thing  :y (so if you have your hand on the selector, select the wrong direction, it naturally pulls the lever to N)
I'm not with you  :-\ If I'm in Park, I pull the lever down/towards me to select Drive which is the opposite of a fork truck. Being electric, it doesn't go through Neutral from Park like it would in an Omega.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29 March 2021, 21:22:38 »

You've that backwards... The lever lives in the Neutral position, with 'Park' being a separate switch, albeit on said lever ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 29 March 2021, 21:31:24 »

You've that backwards... The lever lives in the Neutral position, with 'Park' being a separate switch, albeit on said lever ;)

When in Park, I pull the lever towards me or push it away from me to select Reverse or Drive .... it doesn't go into neutral first. To select Neutral from Park, I move the selector slightly one way or the other. My comparison with the Omega was comparing the electrickery column shift with an old style PRND321

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29 March 2021, 21:48:52 »

There's probably some give in it, but towards the wheel should be neutral with down for drive and up for backwards. It's feasible that how you move the lever is enough to get neutral as part of the movement. It shouldn't go from P to D without pulling the lever towards the wheel :-\

Also, it shouldn't, for go from D to R without going via N.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 29 March 2021, 22:22:06 »

There's probably some give in it, but towards the wheel should be neutral with down for drive and up for backwards. It's feasible that how you move the lever is enough to get neutral as part of the movement. It shouldn't go from P to D without pulling the lever towards the wheel :-\

Also, it shouldn't, for go from D to R without going via N.

You've made me go & look ...  ;D If I pause while pressing the lever one way or the other, then Neutral is selected, but pressing the lever to D or R results in the transmission going directly to which ever. I suppose technically it'll go via neutral, but it's that fast you can't see it on the display ... there's a < pointing to what's selected.

It's like this - but doesn't auto apply the parking brake..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1FC66jCsSo

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 29 March 2021, 22:51:39 »

:y

I've driven a couple of W212, and the fat bastid version of the ML and a Tesla, and all worked, except the Tesla, that didn't clunk into gear ;D

It's a similar range of movement to the cruise stalk, and that's a bit too easy to flick the wrong way... The mechanical switch on the W116 was much more defined in its movement...  That's progress for you ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.