Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie questions  (Read 1480 times)

Bent valve

• View Profile
Re: newbie questions
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2011, 22:04:53 »

The car will sup fuel like theres no tomorrow :) fill it up and dont let it get less than a quarter full. if youre the type who puts a fiver in every now and again, forget it and buy a diesel fiesta :y
Why?

I always play the how-low-will-it-go game ::)
So do I ;) I only advised the OP to keep a quarter tank as he 'keeps nearly running out' and he is obviously not as relaxed about it as you and I ;D
I'm not always relaxed - I have known to be 'fully clenched' when playing that game ;D
I know that feeling well, but its worth it when you roll on to the forecourt on fumes, stick another fiver in and drive away safe in the knowledge that you dont have to fill up for another 14 miles :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2011, 22:05:32 »

Cant tell what quarter of a tank is because the guage isnt work properly,Any ideas where the sensor is?

Just fill it & use it for a few tanks full, it's probaly the float sticking if it's not been used for 18 months.  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 February 2011, 22:05:55 »

The car will sup fuel like theres no tomorrow :) fill it up and dont let it get less than a quarter full. if youre the type who puts a fiver in every now and again, forget it and buy a diesel fiesta :y
Why?

So do I ;) I only advised the OP to keep a quarter tank as he 'keeps nearly running out' and he is obviously not as relaxed about it as you and I ;D
I'm not always relaxed - I have known to be 'fully clenched' when playing that game ;D
I know that feeling well, but its worth it when you roll on to the forecourt on fumes, stick another fiver in and drive away safe in the knowledge that you dont have to fill up for another 14 miles :y
Miss Daisy! ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2011, 22:07:21 »

Why?

Miss Daisy! ;D

I can drive my Astra till the needle is below the red.  ;D  ;D  ;D amd there's still over a gallon left in there.  :y

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2011, 22:09:49 »

Why?

Miss Daisy! ;D
I tend to drive like that when theres only a fiver in ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 February 2011, 22:12:46 »

Why?

Miss Daisy! ;D

Fill the bugger to the top!!

It'll only be around £80!!!!!  :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 February 2011, 22:15:09 »

Why?

Miss Daisy! ;D

I've failed to fill the Elite due to a £90 cut-off on the pump  :'(
Grumpy old man

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 February 2011, 22:16:03 »

Why?

Miss Daisy! ;D

Yes , but think of the extra weight youre carryring round!!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2011, 22:20:47 »

I've failed to fill the Elite due to a £90 cut-off on the pump  :'(

You were really on just fumes then and/or it was a bloody expensive petrol station.  :-? ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2011, 22:21:36 »

Yes , but think of the extra weight youre carryring round!!

The Omega or me?  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2011, 16:37:23 »

Just as an aside got a stater from steve near heathrow. what a great guy he was going away for weekend and said he would leave starter and trust that i would put payment in letterbox. Not many people like him anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.