Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm horn?  (Read 953 times)

tomoco

• Omega Knight
  • leicester
    • View Profile
Alarm horn?
« on: 19 June 2008, 15:23:18 »

The alarm sounder packed up on me last year so i'm just left with the alarm horn. I set the alarm off the other day and its, well not the most impressive of sounds (beep beep beep) its a bit lame to say the least.
Is there a replacement (very loud) horn i could fit/wire up?. The alarm sounder made a much better noise but as its designed to go off when there is a voltage drop(battery disconnection) i cant see the point of replacing it(you would never hear it)

Thanks in advance

Mark

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm horn?
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2008, 10:49:09 »

The alarm sounder packed up on me last year so i'm just left with the alarm horn. I set the alarm off the other day and its, well not the most impressive of sounds (beep beep beep) its a bit lame to say the least.
Is there a replacement (very loud) horn i could fit/wire up?. The alarm sounder made a much better noise but as its designed to go off when there is a voltage drop(battery disconnection) i cant see the point of replacing it(you would never hear it)

Thanks in advance

Mark

Any 12V water proof horn should do the job....

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2008, 10:57:22 »

Thanks in advance

Mark

Any 12V water proof horn should do the job....

OOOooo, I have a 12v Klaxon style horn kicking arround, allways wondered what to do with it.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2008, 11:10:56 »

I had a police siren on the ex-plod estate.......guess what that got wired into!
« Last Edit: 20 June 2008, 11:11:16 by Mark »

tomoco

• Omega Knight
  • leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2008, 13:41:42 »

Thanks for the replies, was'nt sure of exact voltage because it pulses rather than a continuous supply. I know when i took the sounder apart it only had 2 x 3.6 volt ni-cads in it(7.2 volts) or was it 2 x twin packs of 3.6 volt ni-cads which would be 14.4 volts

Mark

P.S. Marks DTM .i'll be in touch soon about waking up (Tech-2ing) my retro fit cruise( still not sure if i have the clutch switch yet) Fitting the stalk today.

Thanks again peeps

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2008, 14:09:12 »

Thanks for the replies, was'nt sure of exact voltage because it pulses rather than a continuous supply. I know when i took the sounder apart it only had 2 x 3.6 volt ni-cads in it(7.2 volts) or was it 2 x twin packs of 3.6 volt ni-cads which would be 14.4 volts

Mark

P.S. Marks DTM .i'll be in touch soon about waking up (Tech-2ing) my retro fit cruise( still not sure if i have the clutch switch yet) Fitting the stalk today.

Thanks again peeps

No problem, as a temporary fix whilt sorting a clutch switch (if its not fitted) we can short the wires out to prove it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.