Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1999 T reg Omega TD Elite Estate  (Read 2587 times)

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
1999 T reg Omega TD Elite Estate
« on: 19 October 2009, 12:20:30 »

Massively regret having to sell, but need to start looking at a van :( and getting my MV6special working again :)

Essentially a solid and very good car, she does need some work though which was on my list to do, but just dont have the time, so hopefully someone can pick up a bit of a bargain/project :)

Metallic Blue, Cream leather, brown dash, Elite Auto Estate with the 2.5 BMW TD Engine.

All usual Elite extras (which all work!)

Xenons, Fogs, Dual Climate, Heated seats x 4, Elite trip computer (all works), Cruise, E/W, Electric Memory Seats(and rear view mirror), remote central locking/alarm with total closure, Bose sound system and 6disk changer. Dog guard and rear load cover with boot floor protector.
Elite 16" alloys, spoiler Uprated Grooved front discs, 4 good tyres and good spare with toolkit and first aid kit.Tow bar and single electrics, self levelling rear suspension and I think I have the extra roof bars somewhere too :)

Engine currently starting on second glow of the plugs, has new starter motor, battery less than a year old too. But has leak when stationary (I think it may be a seal on the top of one of the wings on the sump.
Ticks over very smoothly, occasional 'jump' when cold/just started, but slight 'clacking' noise when pulling under load. Clearly not affecting things too much as its still going strong. Has been reguarly serviced, although both with me and previous owner, personally.
Other main issue is there is a leak from the gear box. I have fitted an AR35 but fear that it is leaking past one of the bolts insite the bellhousing. Other possibilty is an issue with the torque convertor, which may also be that 'clacking' noise previously mentioned.
Could also do with a new windscreen at some point, there is a crack running along the bottom where the wipers sit, although long, its not too bad. Has a good 6 months MOT on it, but I will confirm when I get home.

Other than that, she is straight, couple of bubbles starting to show on the rear arches, paint is good (usual odd marks from a car this age) Red Stuff pads on the front but need replacing, rear shocks may not have long left in them either. Issue with the drivers door locking motor which I will resolve though.

BUT! A lovely car to drive, tows well, incredibley comfy and smooth, lovely colour too and I think Im only the 4th owner (one of those was a dealer!)

Any questions please ask, I feel Ive almost been too honest! :D she's a rare car and Im hoping for £750 if possible :)

Here's a pic, I'll get more soon :)

Many thanks, George

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: 1999 T reg Omega TD Elite Estate
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2009, 11:53:43 »

Did you buy the car from a chap in Lincolnshire?
Retired

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2009, 17:32:20 »

No mate, just down the road from me in Northants, although I have a feeling it may have been there at some point... Steve lane cars or something? Will have to check  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2009, 20:32:51 »

Steve Lane Cars is in Tidbury Green, Shirley, Solihull

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2009, 23:35:25 »

Steve Lane Cars is in Tidbury Green, Shirley, Solihull

Sounds good to me :)

Yeah, bought new, sold to Steve Lane, then the guy I bought it from, then me :)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2009, 20:53:09 »

damn if it was a manual would be theren with the cash!!!
unless i can do a manual conversion!!!! miles?
onto its problems, think you will find the fault with the drip of auto fluid is a fault with the torque converter as you say!! been there with a td before!! and strangely that had had an ar35 fitted!!! :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2009, 20:56:04 »

onto its problems, think you will find the fault with the drip of auto fluid is a fault with the torque converter as you say!! been there with a td before!! and strangely that had had an ar35 fitted!!! :y

James has a R28 in his garage i think  :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2009, 21:00:04 »

hmm and i have a clutch and brake pedal here!! just need the hydraulic pipework and we are away!!! lol :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2009, 21:02:25 »

hmm and i have a clutch and brake pedal here!! just need the hydraulic pipework and we are away!!! lol :y

You working on that tan in Spain still? Sellers in Northampton, so if you need it picking up  :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2009, 21:17:03 »

You working on that tan in Spain still? Sellers in Northampton, so if you need it picking up  :y

nope in uk at swindon mate should be here till end november or so!!! thanks for the offer hows the new job going!! better not answer here pm will do!! :y

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2009, 08:59:56 »

wish I had the time and money to manualise it myself to be honest! I will try and give it a clean this week and take some more pics  :y

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2009, 17:45:33 »

Sorry guys, had a very odd couple of weeks, alas now selling everything as kinda dont have a job anymore! :-/
Anyway, will get pics up soon  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.