Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CD changer  (Read 2838 times)

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
CD changer
« on: 31 October 2007, 09:28:50 »

:( Hi I have bought a omega 2002 2.6 and when I bought it the cd changer was working, although I had to ease the changer out with the help of a small srew driver as it didnt eject, it seems one of the little screws in the changer was lose and catching when trying to eject, so I got it out and retightened the little screw, it goes in and out now with ease, but now after checking the cd's it comes up with there are NO CD'S. I have tried to get the front panel off but it wont budge, it seems the right side is lose anyway which I normally just push into place, but the left side just wont come out, I bought the removing tool from halfords but tried and tried, even managed to scratch the face in the process, please help.
Thanks
DOH!!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: CD changer
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2007, 10:16:51 »

Which 'little screw' did you tighten? Was it within the changer itself or on the magazine?

Probably a silly question, but i presume you have inserted the discs into the magazine the correct way up? I've seen it happen!

Also, can you hear the changer mechanism opening the magazine and moving between the discs when inserted, and does the correct sequence appear on the display...1, 2, 3, 4 etc. before it shows no disc.
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2007, 11:46:53 »

Yes the little screw was on the cartridge that you remove to take the cd's out, yes I have put the cd's in the right way, I have even tried the wrong way  ::) .
yes it also checks the cd's the display says it is checking, it checks all four then it says NO CD.
So it seems there is a error within the lazer etc.  so I was hoping to take the facia off, which I cant seem to do, Im supposing someone in the past must have tried as the right side isnt fixed but the left is, when I bought this car they put a cd in and it played, but since i repaired the cartridge it doesnt anymore, although the problem may have stemed from initially trying to prize the cartridge from the cd player, (the little screw was preventing) carefully of course, so have you any tips to getting the facia off. Thanks :'(
DOH!!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2007, 13:06:51 »

...so have you any tips to getting the facia off. Thanks :'(

Yes, don't try and force it off, because it's not meant to come off!

The clips may be broken at one side, hence it being slack, but the facia can only be safely removed once the entire headunit is removed.

You need to remove the headunit by inserting the 'tool' into the four holes, two at either end of the headunit. You will of course have to remove the grub screws from the holes first.

With regard to the 'tool', i've always found these to be pretty poor, i always use ball ended allen keys for removing units, never fails.

Also, when you are trying to remove it, don't pull on the facia, or try to prise it out with a driver, no matter how tempted you are, you'll only damage it. With your 'tool' inserted and located properly, you push each one away from the centre of the unit whilst pulling at the same time. ie. the left to the left and the right to the right, while pulling towards you. If the tool, or allen keys are located properly they shouldn't come out.

It is tight, but it will come with a bit of patience.

With regard to the screw you tightened, remove it completely and see if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2007, 13:08:06 by Kev »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2007, 13:51:48 »

Grub screws what grub screws ?
Can you explain  a bit more, didnt know anything about grub screws, I have the tool from halfords that you put into the four holes, but as i said the right side is lose, but the left just wont budge, maybe the grub screws are still in place, help
DOH!!

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2007, 14:32:42 »

Grub screws what grub screws ?
Can you explain  a bit more, didnt know anything about grub screws, I have the tool from halfords that you put into the four holes, but as i said the right side is lose, but the left just wont budge, maybe the grub screws are still in place, help
If you are able to push the removal tool into the holes then the grub screws are removed. If, however, you cannot inert the tool then the grub screws are probably still inserted and you'll need a small allen key to remove them. From memory, the tool should go in about an inch or so.
TC Card, will buy parts for members near by. V6 Camshaft locking kit can rent out to members at club rates.

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2007, 17:15:12 »

Well I can push the tool right in, I dont know exactly how far you are ment to push them in, the ends are shaped for the removal, each tool is sort of half round that fits top and bottom, on both sides, the length is about 2 1/2" and you can push this right in, so I can only think maybe someone has damaged the part that these tools lock onto because no matter whether I put them in 1/4 " or 2 1/2" s nothing happens.  >:(
DOH!!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2007, 17:21:02 »

...so I can only think maybe someone has damaged the part that these tools lock onto...

If that were the case the headunit would come out even easier!

Like i said previously, i've always found those tools to be piss-poor.

Take it back, tell them it's crap and not fit for it's purpose and buy some ball end allen keys. The allen key method has never ever let me down.  :y

Remember, key to not damaging anything, is patience.  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2007, 18:39:17 »

Presumably its a CDR2006 radio. The changers on this do seem to be troublesome :(
Grumpy old man

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 November 2007, 14:40:06 »

I will try the allan key as you said, i havent much patience,  >:(
Its hard because you cant see what you are trying to latch onto.
All this and i dont know if i will be able to repair it anyways :-/
As for the cd I dont know what type it is, but im sure i will have the problem one.
I will let you know if the allan keys work.
DOH!!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2007, 16:31:09 »

I will try the allan key as you said, i havent much patience,  >:(
Its hard because you cant see what you are trying to latch onto.
All this and i dont know if i will be able to repair it anyways :-/
As for the cd I dont know what type it is, but im sure i will have the problem one.
I will let you know if the allan keys work.
When you push the allen keys through the holes you will feel them 'click' into place, you should at this point feel a little more resistance, that's you located.  :y

Make sure the keys you use are large enough, too small and they won't catch on the clips.  ;)
« Last Edit: 02 November 2007, 16:31:52 by Kev »

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2007, 10:08:49 »

Thanks I will try, although when I put the removal keys in I dont hear a click, but as you said they are pants.
I will get the allan keys today.
DOH!!

mikkethealarmguy

• kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 November 2007, 19:39:58 »

i know what the problem is. ive taken many out of omegas
and most are sods.
to be honest the clips are probably free.
but the stereo is so tightly wedged into the cage
you need to lube it.
a tiny bit of wd40 or something will do the trick
although it will stink
it will get the stereo out without pulling the front off !
stick your fingers into the tape slot if you have one and pull it from there as well as with the removal tools.

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2007, 11:08:14 »

Just a little confused now, doesnt just the wallnut front come off, it seems like you are saying the front and the cd changer comes out as one :-?
DOH!!

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 November 2007, 17:07:50 »

Just a little confused now, doesnt just the wallnut front come off, it seems like you are saying the front and the cd changer comes out as one :-?

The walnut surround doesn't need to come off in order to remove the headunit.  ::)

The headunit/changer is removed, leaving the surrounding trim, heater controls, ashtray, hazard and TC switches etc. intact.  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.