Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CD changer  (Read 2837 times)

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
Re: CD changer
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2007, 09:31:49 »

Ok I wasnt looking at the surround coming off, switches etc, but the square bit of wallnut with the four holes, where the cd is behind, does the whole thing come out, not just the wallnut front, I have been trying to get the wallnut front off, not the whole cd out at the same time, so what you are saying is that when using the tool you pull the whole lot out, cd changer as well ?
DOH!!

Mike Collins

• North of Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2007, 10:09:07 »

When you get the assembly out, check that the retaining clips have been fitted correctly.

The clips should be behind the holes in the faceplate, two of mine were not. Easily rectified if you can get it out in the first place.

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2007, 15:41:48 »

Just one thing I need to know when you put the allan keys/halfords removal keys, does the whole thing come out ? the square wallnut center with the four holes along with the actual CD player, or do you take the wallnut of first and then remove the CD housing ?  :-/
DOH!!

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 November 2007, 10:09:52 »

Sorry I am so thick, the centre bit isnt wallnut, its grey black  ::)
DOH!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 November 2007, 10:32:03 »

Ok.

The removal tools remove only the radio assembly and its not possible to get the outer surrounds out until the radio is removed.

The approach I take is when inserting the removal tools I insert them at an angle so the the prongs are pushing away from the radio. Once inserted you then need to push the loops on the tools towards the doors of the cars to compress the clips and pull.....you can, if you are careful, insert a infinger into the cassette slot to aid removal but, make sure you go a fair way in so you are pulling against the metal frame and not the plastic facia.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 November 2007, 08:27:38 »

Just one thing I need to know when you put the allan keys/halfords removal keys, does the whole thing come out ? the square wallnut center with the four holes along with the actual CD player, or do you take the wallnut of first and then remove the CD housing ?  :-/

Yes.  :y
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 November 2007, 11:06:35 »

Yes the whole section, cd and tape came out together, didnt realise this was the case, as the front is loose to the right, I now realise that someone in the past has tried to get it out thinking as I did that just the facier comes out, they have broke the plastic retaining clips on the right, I just have to work out how to repair the cd changer  now and find a way of securing the front properly.

Will I have to put the security code in when I replace the cd player.
Whats the procedure, I think someone told me that you have to disconnect the battery/power and reset ?
Thanks   :-
DOH!!

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 November 2007, 12:13:23 »

^^^^^^^^^^^
Eck, that should have been mentioned before it was removed...the code has to be inputted every time power is cut to the unit. The code is located on your car pass (little red 'passport' card perhaps in your handbook?), 4 digit code. Not to worry if you can't find it, dealers will be able to find the code, probably about £10 charge though. There is no way around this.

Terry I see now your dilema, I too tried to remove the single slot CDR500 HU from my astra last night, would it budge? Would it hell! There is nowhere to get your fingers in and my removal tools are crap also  :-[ Might have to try the old WD, but don't particularly want it all over the interior  :-? I don't think i'm particularly thick!  :D

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 November 2007, 19:44:46 »

Hi  yes I did check before i took it out, i have the codes in the book that come with the car.
When you put the whole thing back in whats the procedure. i think it is saying SAFE but dont know what to do next ? I havent disconnected the battery yet , do i have to do this ?
Yes it is a nightmare to get out, and yes when i put it back properly i will put some tallo on the slider, alls i can say for the removal is once taken out the retraining screws that are in the four holes (which mine didnt have) you have to pull like mad, when the keys are in pull them outwards to create some grip and if possible get someone to pull holding the tape entrance, and just pull like mad, it should come out, mine did, it did need some force.
as for the wd 40 i also didnt fancy spraying that about. ( the problem is if you havent taken this out before you just dont know what your pulling, but when it as come out once you know what to do the next time)
so if anyone can tell me the procedure for getting the cd/tape/radio working again, please help. :-*
DOH!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.