Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Fast 4 Furious. Detroit Drift... PREVIEW  (Read 2215 times)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • 2001 Cadillac Catera SPT
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 05 March 2008, 13:02:30 by CateraMV6 »
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

robby30

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Fast 4 Furious. Detroit Drift... PREVIEW
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2008, 13:28:48 »

its easy in the snow :y ::)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2008, 13:34:19 »

Well actually I would rather do it on jsut wet roads because then its even easier because you can just fix things with a little more throtle...

With all the snow under the tires I was actually doing full lock on the steering wheel and my turning radius was still too small... I kept coming close to the curbs...

::)
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2008, 14:53:42 »

different :P :-? but good though :y
I should try it in my miggie :y
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2008, 14:56:44 »

Well its an easy way to have fun without putting any strain on your car... drfting on dry roads wears the tires, and makes the suspension sweat and as old as the bushings are there is a chance of screwing something up back there. I like how you can also do them in a slow motion... at speeds of 5-10mph and its a good practice for the real thing...  

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2008, 15:33:26 »

Its all relative with speed, you can 'drift' slower in the snow and obviously have to go a bit faster in the wet but ultimatly you have less control than in the dry, which you need to go faster for. I agree for mucking about the snow is great fun, but for predictabilty and proper thrills, dry all the way!  :y

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2008, 15:37:49 »

Well I have been thinking about that but I think my cat is too underpowered and heavy for a dry pavement drifts... especially with the 245s on there... there is so much traction that it will be virtually impossible...

cem_devecioglu

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2008, 09:56:39 »

Well I have been thinking about that but I think my cat is too underpowered and heavy for a dry pavement drifts... especially with the 245s on there... there is so much traction that it will be virtually impossible...

Thats more than fair...

It is possible, but you'd have to go so fast to really pull it off with that kind of rubber as its perfect for going fast on once sideways but not for learning, 15's for the win!  ;D

Also, If you were to use big tyres in the dry, pumping them up 10+psi higher than recommended is a good call  :y

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2008, 19:46:43 »

Thats more than fair...

It is possible, but you'd have to go so fast to really pull it off with that kind of rubber as its perfect for going fast on once sideways but not for learning, 15's for the win!  ;D

Also, If you were to use big tyres in the dry, pumping them up 10+psi higher than recommended is a good call  :y

20 psi is better  :y in the wet its hard to keep the omega in a straight line! in the dry though the big things does have a fair amount of grip so u really need to commit and be quite aggressive (well if your like me and the handbrake doesnt work), its amazing when it works! not so good when it doesnt  ::)
sideways is the way forward!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.