Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance Renewal Time  (Read 2247 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance Renewal Time
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2023, 08:56:17 »

I've just had an interesting week re Insurance over here in Ireland  .
We have ordered a new car and after laughing at the derisory trade in value of our Yeti I decided to keep it .
It currently is insured in my wife's name but as she cannot drive at present I had to get it in my name .
Now over here your NCB is only valid for two years after the last policy ends that it was attributed to .
I transferred the Omega onto a classic policy two years .....and three weeks ago .
I approached the last insurer whom I had been with for several years and they flatly refused to honor or even give any sympathy to the situation and stated that I would be starting from scratch.
I explained that I had a comprehensive policy with 17 years NCB on my van , previous provable ncb with themselves and others , named driver experience on my wifes cars for 20 years + and two classic car policies .
Doesn't matter says the girl... you are in the same position as a 17 yo new driver >:(
I went to the broker that I use for the van and within a couple of hours she comes back with a couple of quotes , one being from the company above , that were quite happy to accept the NCB on the van as proof positive of my driving experience . The quote was reasonable ,probably near to twice what you guys are paying , but insurance is expensive in IE .
I opted for the other company due to the attitude they gave me initially.
The company I chose is the one that my wife uses at present and my new premium is over €120 less than her renewal premium even though she has no penalties , convictions or claims and has been with them since 2019, nor are they aware of her medical condition.
I also went out for quotes to renew our house insurance and the two new quotes I received were €600 apart for the same proposal details ....
A mystery wrapped in an Enigma

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2023, 11:19:11 »

Lots of uninsured drivers over there, Don? I wouldn't be surprised.
Diesel till I die

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2023, 12:04:09 »

That two year limitation to carry over any NCB from a previous policy that expired over two years before also applies over here too. Although how rigidly companies adhere to it, or if they allow any 'grace' for a period or three weeks I'm not certain, but I would have thought they would want your business? They usually need to ask for their 'Managers' discretion for decisions out of the ordinary, but I'd have been tempted to try elsewhere.
But it seems you are sorted now anyway.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2023, 00:54:40 »

Not due till 14/18th cant remember quite when,

But had an email from a comparison site.
Am sure both are good insurers, but will wait a tad longer to see if the RAC can compete with a price to stay with them.

Aviva £161.26
Zenith £168.05

Looking good so far :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.