Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Wheel Bearing Puller for 2002 Omega 3.2 v6  (Read 724 times)

fadgeboy

• N.ireland
    • View Profile
Rear Wheel Bearing Puller for 2002 Omega 3.2 v6
« on: 15 November 2009, 10:48:11 »

Hello have bearing gone on left rear wheel of  02 Omega 3.2V6. Need a puller to get old one out . Would anyone know size ,requirement or part no. of the bearing puller needed to do the job.
 >:(
Thanks JB

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Wheel Bearing Puller for 2002 Omega 3.2 v6
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2009, 13:41:21 »

there are adjustable pullers can get them at most car parts places like motor world care care etc. :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2009, 14:03:22 »

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about someones increasingly frustrated attempts at pulling the rear wheel bearings out. I have done a search but I cannot find it  :(

The gist of it seemed to be that ordinary pullers will just break and that if you want to be sure of getting it done right first time then you need to take the whole trailing arm off the car and stick it in a 10 ton press.

Obviously taking the trailing arm off involves shed loads more work than would seem necessary so people have found other ways of shifting the axle from the bearing.

Going to have another look to see if I can find the thread...
« Last Edit: 15 November 2009, 14:04:11 by andyh »
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2009, 14:37:10 »

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about someones increasingly frustrated attempts at pulling the rear wheel bearings out. I have done a search but I cannot find it  :(

The gist of it seemed to be that ordinary pullers will just break and that if you want to be sure of getting it done right first time then you need to take the whole trailing arm off the car and stick it in a 10 ton press.

Obviously taking the trailing arm off involves shed loads more work than would seem necessary so people have found other ways of shifting the axle from the bearing.

Think this is the one Andy http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1249414830/1#1
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2009, 16:41:15 »

Think this is the one Andy http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1249414830/1#1
Thats the one :y

Perhaps we should ask TheBoy to add it to the 'How To' section?

Maybe we need a new section for 'you really don't want to have to do this but if you do then here are the instructions'  ::)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2009, 17:04:54 »

Hi,
The Vx special tools to change the rear axle bearing are K620-1 to K620-9 If they are still available you could probably buy a new rear suspension for the price.

Before you attempt this job you need to be sure you understand just how the rear wheel hub is fitted to the trailing arm, and how the drive shaft is fixed to the hub assembly.
This is no simple hub nut to undo and quick pull job and whack in replacement type of job.

If you have access to a selection of pieces ot stout tubing, and some 12mm studding and a selection of large sockets etc to use as spacers etc some ramps and jacks and blocks to secure the car up. then if you PM me I will give you the info on how to change the bearing.

I have changed both rear wheel bearings on my motor. One took 4 days and was a right sod to do, the other was a doddle in a few hours.

Roger
Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2009, 17:42:57 »

given the agro, i wonder if its easier to change the whole trailing arm for one with a good bearing :-/......no experience of either job so just a thought?????
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.