Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cambelt  (Read 720 times)

vladimir

• north west
    • View Profile
cambelt
« on: 21 February 2007, 23:11:01 »

help does anybody know how much it will cost me to have the cam belt and tensioners done on my 02 vauxhall omega 2.6 v6. and is there any good garages in the wigan area that will do it for me  any help please. eddie.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: cambelt
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2007, 23:16:44 »

HI there Eddy, welcome to the forum

Cambelt, tensioners, and ideally waterpump, want doing every 40k miles (some will say 80k for waterpump).. but for £20 I choose to change mine...

Send a message to "RobinHood" on here, and he will supply you with a DVD for either £2 or £3, detailing Mark changing a cambelt on a V6. It's a job you can easily do yourself...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2007, 23:43:34 »

help does anybody know how much it will cost me to have the cam belt and tensioners done on my 02 vauxhall omega 2.6 v6. and is there any good garages in the wigan area that will do it for me  any help please. eddie.
If you decide it yourself I have a locking kit you can borrow. I'm in Bury but travel (at the moment) to Heinz every day.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2007, 00:28:32 »

I was quoted £420 by my local Vx dealer in London last year, but got it down to £320 'as you are a good customer'. I expect that out-of-London Vx prices will be slightly less, e.g. around £300, while an independent will probably do this for around £250.

These prices do not include water pump change.

DIY the cost is probably around £100, depending on whether you change the water pump as well, if you hire the locking kit or get it on loan FOC etc.

And yes, get the DVD - it is very good even if you intend to leave the job to someone else.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2007, 00:29:01 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.