Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Code  (Read 1224 times)

DaveBrunel

• Maidenhead, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Radio Code
« on: 19 July 2008, 18:28:13 »

Hi people, 1st post, scuse if I ramble.
After battery went flat, display said SAFE, no radio. Recently had a new power sounder from Vauxhall, they had to order me a new CAR PASS for codes to do the work, cos when I bought it the seller had no codes, and no user manual. The car pass has a radio code, key code, immob code etc etc. After some guesswork I held AS button and powered up radio, got 10---- and entered code from the new Vauxhall car pass. I failed to press AS again to set, so tried again, pressing AS after code but still no good, now I'm down to 7 SAFE, and it will not come up with 7----, no matter how long I hold AS button. Should I stop messing or persevere? Is there a chance that the radio code on the car pass is wrong? And if I disconnect/reconnect the battery will I then get 7---- ? HELP.     very annoyed. >:(

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Code
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2008, 18:36:09 »

Sounds like the prevoius owner had another radio fitted in (vauxhall radio) and has lost the code for it or has a second hand one fitted. The best thing to do is contact dave he is the radio man on the forum and he can get the code for you (at a cost). I think its DaveC is his username, I am sure someone will be a long to clarify this for you.

Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

HolyCount

« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2008, 19:38:54 »

@Tis DaveDND :y :y

Helped me out with mine (at a cost) -- great guy

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2008, 19:39:44 »

speak to forum user: Dave DND hes our ICE expert and can decode some vx radios online i think his web addy is http://www.instant-radio-codes.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2008, 08:56:46 »

If you have got down to 7 SAFE then you have entered a wrong code 3 times. Because the code you have is incorrect, you will need to leave the radio switched on and powered up, with the ignition on for two hours as a penalty for using a wrong number.

When it resets, do not enter the same number again, as it is obviously wrong, and each wrong attempt will result in a longer wait between goes.

Yes, it would appear as if the car pass is for another radio, but unable to advise further without knowing which radio you have fitted.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

DaveBrunel

• Maidenhead, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2008, 11:41:49 »

Thanks Dave - it's a CCR 2006.
Just a thought - when Vx had the car recently to fit the new alarm power sounder, would they have had to disconnect the battery?
If they did, they must have got a radio code somehow, cos the radio has been fine till I let the battery go flat 2 days ago. Then if so maybe I DO have the correct code, but I've done it wrong on three attempts, maybe by not holding AS button in long enough. I know I put the correct digits in, but it did not beep. :-/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2008, 12:14:51 »

Thanks Dave - it's a CCR 2006.
Just a thought - when Vx had the car recently to fit the new alarm power sounder, would they have had to disconnect the battery?
If they did, they must have got a radio code somehow, cos the radio has been fine till I let the battery go flat 2 days ago. Then if so maybe I DO have the correct code, but I've done it wrong on three attempts, maybe by not holding AS button in long enough. I know I put the correct digits in, but it did not beep. :-/

Although many service books suggest to disconnect the battery first, it is unlikely that the garage would have done this, I know that we would not have !

If you are entering the number and the counter is going down, then you have the wrong code number, its as simple as that.

I can decode that model if you get stuck, please follow this link

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_item.php/MID/39/ISS/40/IID/127/PAGE/shop_decode_index.php

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

DaveBrunel

• Maidenhead, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2008, 12:26:51 »

OK Thanks Dave, I order up a decode and send it off to you.
Cheers
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.