Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what lpg systrm is best at the moment?  (Read 5984 times)

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 DTI saloon
    • View Profile
what lpg systrm is best at the moment?
« on: 30 August 2012, 21:50:26 »

Hi all, what's the best system for lpg at the moment but keeping the cost of purchase within a tight budget.
What do people have on there cars and how would you rate your system for economy and reliability. Also do lpg systems get tested at mot time.

Thanks

Mark
What is this FUEL ECONOMY you speak of, it is alien to me.

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: what lpg systrm is best at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2012, 22:10:38 »

I use AC Stag 300 Plus on both of my V6 Omegas.  Far from the best, but dirt cheap, and available for DIY, and the setup/configuration software is easily obtained.

Premium systems, such as Prins, have their distribution tightly controlled only to authorised fitters, and the software is not available.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2012, 22:21:33 »

Just as a guide ... DIY with the kit mentioned above costs around £700 IIRC ... :)
my BRC system, fitted, 4 years back .. £2200 ... :(

Savings run at around 38% or 10 - 12p/mile (ish)

Mine has been extremely reliable and has saved me a fortune over 4 years.

MOT emissions are done on the fuel it is running on when presented .. so if its on LPG its tested on LPG .. simplees. The actual install is not an MOT test item, AFAIK.

Car needs to be certified and on the UKLPG register to get insurance with most companies, registering with DVLC gets the V5C changed to dual fuel and saves a wacking great £10 a year for most omegas

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2012, 22:30:54 »

registering with DVLC gets the V5C changed to dual fuel and saves a wacking great £10 a year for most omegas
Only for 'emissions based' tax, ie 2001 onwards.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2012, 22:32:06 »

Define best?

Prins IMO. But expensive and approved installer only.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2012, 22:33:41 »

Define best?

For me, the Stag is 'best' in that there is a fair amount of knowledge on here, and the software is available. Although clearly not the 'best' from a purely technical viewpoint.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2012, 22:34:58 »

Define best?

For me, the Stag is 'best' in that there is a fair amount of knowledge on here, and the software is available. Although clearly not the 'best' from a purely technical viewpoint.
hence my question. ;)

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
Re: what lpg system is best at the moment?
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2012, 09:06:27 »

Cheers guys, i want to fit what i can afford and ive been mooching on ebay again (sorry) and a stag 300 plus kit from Poland with no tanks

£599

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAG-300-6-ISA2-KIT-LPG-AUTOGAS-SEQUENTIAL-6-CYLINDERS-/200805040365?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec0e9c0ed#ht_2678wt_1111

£309

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAG-300-6-ISA2-FRONT-KIT-LPG-AUTOGAS-SEQUENTIAL-6-CYLINDERS-CONVERSION-/200809440784?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec12ce610#ht_2075wt_1111

KME setup.

£399

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KME-LPG-CONVERSION-KIT-6-CYLINDER-FOR-INJECTION-6-CYLINDER-ENGINES-UPTO-250-BHP-/170900084757?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca705815#ht_2220wt_1344

yorkshire auto gas

£499

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Autogas-conversion-kit-for-5-6-or-8-cylinder-engine-Multipoint-Sequential-/320968390145?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4abb34f601#ht_4315wt_1344

And this guy in wisbech which is closer to me for the certificate afterwards and calibration wants £930 for an AGIS system but includes a tank ect

£930

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-conversion-kit-6-cylinder-car-/160866106515?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25745dfc93#ht_1195wt_1111

i don't quite know which to go for but i  know i want a donut tank in instead of the spare wheel as i need to keep the estate a useful one and all your experiences are a valued input for me so please keep them coming. ive messages telio about the stag kit that were available last year on here so ill see what happens there.
Thanks

Mark

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 August 2012, 09:10:49 »

also whats the best size donut tank for the estate. im going to measure up but i just wanted to reference it to what others have got so i get the right one.

also found autogas do the stag kit.
http://autogas-lpg.co.uk/conversion-kit/38-s-0137.html

or a complete kit with ESGI and tank £555

http://autogas-lpg.co.uk/full-cunversion-kit/375-autogas-conversion-kit-lpg-full-kit-6-cyl-tank-included-0154.html
« Last Edit: 31 August 2012, 09:17:09 by Y26SE »

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 31 August 2012, 09:29:38 »

Have a PM chat with Lazydocker.He is probably the best person to advise,and may be able to get you a better price on a stag system. ;)

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 August 2012, 09:37:12 »

Have a PM chat with Lazydocker.He is probably the best person to advise,and may be able to get you a better price on a stag system. ;)

thanks matey, i forgot to put in i got the telio name to contact from lazydocker  :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 August 2012, 09:37:49 »

Right.... If you can get the kit from Teilo then do because it will have everything you need (except perhaps some spreader plates and washers ::)) My conversion cost me £885.80 completed and inspected (plus some Curry ::)) but I actually bought more tank mounting gear than I needed to in the end.

Tanks: The largest you can get into the estate wheel well (with a little modification) is a 76L GZWM Tank (4 Hole) with a Stako Gas Tight Box. This also required raising the boot floor by about 4". That's a 650mm diameter by 270mm deep tank. It gives a range of anywhere from 200 miles (or less :-[) around town and 280-300 miles on a run when driven quite hard :-X

If you don't want to raise the boot floor then you will (almost certainly) have to go down a diameter size as well so you'd probably only get about 45L tank or so (which would be useless for range IMHO) :-\

The advantage of the Stag kit is that we have good knowledge of it on here and you aren't a million miles from me if you get stuck ;)

Be warned though... Stag only refers to the ECU ;) You need to make sure the injectors and the vaporiser/reducer are up to the job too! This is where we went through some trial and error to find a kit that works ;) Mine (and others) is converted with a KME Gold Reducer and AC Injectors (although these may not be available any more) and pulls cleanly right to the red line :y

Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 August 2012, 09:43:00 »

Oh, and all of those cheap kits you have selected are not complete ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 August 2012, 09:56:09 »

that would be about right for me lol. that's why im on here as im happy to take advice from people with more experience than me so i don't make to many mistakes ;)

i messaged telio so hope for a reply on that one soon
« Last Edit: 31 August 2012, 09:57:40 by Y26SE »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2012, 10:00:20 »

best kit is the worst with an incompetent installer..

choose the best installer first :y
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.