Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car rough running after start but not glow plugs  (Read 2626 times)

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • 2003 Omega CD 2.2 dti Est
    • View Profile
Re: Car rough running after start but not glow plugs
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2013, 17:10:10 »

Thinking about it, i once forgot to connect the solenoid that connects to the vacuum reservoir, the one with the gold top. That gave a P1590. It also controls boost. . . 
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 DTI saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 November 2013, 21:26:52 »

Ive come across a few tips from other areas and they seem to suggest I could have a weak or pore sealing egr and when the waste gate shuts this produces some back pressure to the egr from the fith port on the exhaust manifold and could be damaged from the back pressure caused by my blocked exhaust
What is this FUEL ECONOMY you speak of, it is alien to me.

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 DTI saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 December 2013, 13:49:35 »

Well that's got to no better and more outgoing. rebuilt the turbo. replaced egr and cleaned all sensors. the last garage believed the fuel pump ecu is the cause with the fluctuating fuel figures at cold with egr open. everything has been replaced and i tried blanking egr, drilled a hole in the plate but it must get a signal from the MAP sensor as it always knows ive done something. spoke to multiple tuning companies and the edc15 setup cant have the egr removed or forced down in any software as its to primitive.  end result hundreds spent and still stuck with a grumpy car when cold.

oh well :(
What is this FUEL ECONOMY you speak of, it is alien to me.

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.