Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG system running badly.  (Read 357 times)

Yoxubarl

• View Profile
LPG system running badly.
« on: 05 January 2009, 16:09:47 »

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone can help or not but hopefully someone can, please. I've got a Dream XXI C LPG system (on a 2000 3.0 MV6) that's not playing nice any more. It idles badly, runs very rich (I used to get 21-25mpg, now i'm getting 16-18) and splutters a lot when cold. I've got all the kit (software, dongle and cable) to alter it but when i tried doing the auto-calibration today, its running a lot better on gas but now won't idle on petrol and sometimes dies when accelerating on gas. Bah.
Does anyone happen to have a decent, working, configuration that they'd be able to pm/email me so i can try uploading it to my car, please? If anyone else has a 3.0 MV6 with a Dream XXI C system, of course. I can re-load the original config, so i'm not stuck but i thought i'd ask :).
Alternatively, does anyone know how to alter the reducer pressure, please? Mine's running at approximately 1.17 bar, instead of 0.97, which probably doesn't do it any good either.

Thank you for any help!

Yoxubarl.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: LPG system running badly.
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2009, 17:48:07 »

Sounds like a normal running fault to me... Personally I wouldn't mess about with the lpg setup until i'd got it running right on petrol! It sounds to me like you've got an air leak :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Do a paper clip test and post the results up... Could be a faulty sensor (crank sensor gets my bet!) :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Yoxubarl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2009, 19:16:18 »

I've just tried the paperclip test.. no error codes (other than the usual 12 and 31).
It was running fine on petrol before i calibrated it and it actually started/went to idle okay on petrol this time (from cold) but it wouldn't idle (kept cutting out) earlier when the engine was hot. Also, i turned it to gas, idled and then jabbed at the accelerator and it cut out.

Back to the drawing board..

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2009, 21:25:06 »

Well that's a good start!! :y :y :y

Is the HT system fully up to scratch???

As for running pressure... I'd be checking it against the original calibration pressure... Things do "free up" a bit over time! Mine has got 3mm nozzles and I run the regulator at approx 1.25 Bar. I should add that I've not got te OMVL system, it's the AC Motogas system which several of us have fitted.

Have you tried http://www.lpgforum.co.uk? The guys there are very knowledgeable! :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.