Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of top speed  (Read 2282 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of top speed
« Reply #15 on: 03 July 2010, 11:59:12 »

Update for this post:

Please see answers to replies below.
As already stated, car runs as good as gold, idle is good not lumpy, pulls like a train low down, no hesitation and you would never know anything was amiss but I know it went better before I touched it (theres a moral there). ;D ;D
I have even checked that the new crank vent box is seated properly (Note to Chrisgixer, I have edited my breather box post saying maybe you can get to offside bolts but it is tight).
As the car runs so well I am going to run with it for now and see if it settles in. Biggest problem is the health and safety issues of finding out if I have sorted it out. There is no way I can justify full throttle on public roads, even at night. Don't fancy a badger through the grill at 150mph or even worse, a full grown Deer  :'( :'( so it could be some time before I get a chance to see if anything has changed. Time will tell.

Many thanks for all replies. :y :y

Regards
Alan

Key thoughts:

Q: Fuel filter - Genuine?.....fitted the correct way round?

A: Genuine. Re-checked flow direction. :y

Q: Vac hoses - Connected up correctly, aprticularly the one at the rear of the plenum?

A: All seem present and correct. Could maybe do with clarification of which rear plenum pipe eg multi-ram from vac reservoir? :-/

Q: Fault codes - any present?...pedal test.

A: No fault codes present. Codes read on Snap-On Modus reader. :y

Q: Air leaks - Is the brake servo pipe connected up and secure?

A: I only undid brake servo to plenum union. :y

maybe you used some bad sparkplugs.. or a bad fuel filter.. or your sparkplugs wiring may be old and by touching it you made it leak electricity[/quote
A: Runs exeptionally well in all other areas but thanks for input anyway.
:y

The loss of power at the top end would suggest a problem with the rear multiram actuator. Have you been able to visually check its operation?

A: Flooring accelerator pulls multi-ram like a good-un so this seems OK
. :y

Well if you've got access to a Tech II / Opelscanner or "My Naff Code Reader" you can activate the multi-rams without running the engine.  :y
[/quoteA: As above, I have seen it work but both bits of advice were a good shout so thanks for that. My mates code reader is a Snap-On Modus and is a general reader so is not Vauxhall specific. Not sure if Modus can operate multi-rams but would be interested to know for future reference. :y

probably a stupid suggestion but are you sure that you haven't got a mat rucked up under the accelerator pedal to stop the last inch of travel?

A: Lol. My mats are Elite mats that are buttoned to main carpet so cannot move. Not a stupid suggestion either as I came home and put my trainers on incase my boots were preventing my ankle from obtaining full throttle;D ;D ;D :y

The loss of power at the top end would suggest a problem with the rear multiram actuator. Have you been able to visually check its operation?
Absolutely cock on there IMO, get someone to rev the engine hard while you examine the multi ram, see if it moves, probably easier via tech 2 though, maybe visit The Boy in Brackley?

A: As above. Might have to go to a meet or as you say Chris, The Boy is nearest to me if I get stuck. :y
Why don't they make two stroke cars, the Moto X bike is so easy to work on.
:y
« Last Edit: 03 July 2010, 12:14:33 by Alan-Hearn »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of top speed
« Reply #16 on: 03 July 2010, 14:30:42 »

Can you get this sorted asap? i need to know the answer ,my serenity has gone !

Definitely sounds like something got disturbed and fingers crossed you find it for an easy remedy.

One perhaps daft suggestion and it  would need to be coincidental is the rear exhaust box innards collapsing restricting air flow(dont know if yours is the full of horse hair type),could have begun at the last good thrashing.Someone more knowledgable than me can perhaps readily dismiss this. Good luck.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2010, 14:32:33 by guncharmer »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.