Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Found a place with cheap Omega bits  (Read 1936 times)

ted_one

Re: Found a place with cheap Omega bits
« Reply #15 on: 24 September 2010, 06:30:35 »

As I  previously said I have'nt had any problem with europarts or any other outside supplier,I can only go with my own experiences.An example on main stealer price difference for a 3.2 mv6 auto trans filter and gaskets,main dealer £113.00 and gaskets not in stock (48hr wait) and JPAT everything needed less than 24hrs to my door for just under £11.00! Imho you do have to shop around but buyer beware especially on Egay,Where do the main dealers source their spares from? and why do they charge such extortionate prices for spares and repairs? >:( :y

MV62960

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 September 2010, 06:55:09 »

Hello,

I agree, the adverts for these delivery companies like UPS show a happy, easy going and transport system. But if you visit one of these sites, like I used to have to do to pickup my computer bits each day, they are somewhat closer to mayhem, in a tumble down old depot (the Eastleigh one is anyway). The people there were friendly enough though and they did very much, try to stick within their delivery times. There are many other 'man in a van' companies out there, who provide no delivery times, just within 7 days or so, but are much much cheaper to use than the big USA companies.

MV62960

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2010, 07:04:57 »

The leads I've obtained from them are identical in design to my original ones. Minus 3 things: the useful number tags on each cable, the cable tidy/shield on the even ones and being a little longer.

I do think people worry too much about non originals, the belief that if you pay £180 rather than £27 for some leads and think you are getting something six times better, is likely to only be in the mind.

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 24 September 2010, 07:23:50 »

I agree completely with you,and I refuse to subscribe to those opinions that if it does'nt come from the main stealers then it can't be any good!

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 September 2010, 08:34:02 »

I agree completely with you,and I refuse to subscribe to those opinions that if it does'nt come from the main stealers then it can't be any good!

By & large I agree with that sentiment , but there are certainly exceptions. Many 'pattern' parts are made in backstreet 'factories' in Asia and are of very dubious quality. If the makers of these crap parts spent half as much effort on the quality as they do on making them look like the real thing (you can't tell the difference unless you look hard in some cases) then they would put the major western manufacturers right on the spot as regards pricing. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2010, 12:06:59 »

Cheaper copoes from the far east shall we say can be fine and upto the same quality as goods made over in the west.

However you are never and i mean never gaurenteed of the quality time after time and when some of these componetnts fail within a short space of time its a case of through it in the bin and order a new one. If bought from a reputable establishment it can at least be taken bake and claimed under warranty.

Buy Cheap Buy Twice

Or as put by Mr Ruskin

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin

;)
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

albitz

« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2010, 12:16:23 »

Plug leads are one example of how VX rip us off if we let them.
I know from experience that a £25 set of leads works just as well as a £150 set of leads.
There are exceptions though. Camcover gaskets and crank sensors are examples of items which should always be sourced from VX. Pattern versions just dont seem to do the job.
The best approach imo is - if in doubt, ask the question on the forum. It could save a lot of grief and aggro. :y

boughtonthecheap

• Probably on a road somewhere
  • Not all things that go 'UP' come 'Down'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2010, 16:15:34 »

It would be 'safe ' for me then to purchase a set of wiper blades for the headlights, I need something to fill the holes, (now don't be rude) as I did not notice when I bought the car the wipers where missing...its not that big a deal to me but looks a bit silly when you notice it, roughly they cost ? I've no idea ?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2010, 16:20:43 »

No Omega has ever had wiper blades for headlight washers as far as I know !!

They use high pressure water jets, the older pre-facelift and mini-facelift jets get nicked or fall out .. :(

Breakers on here, or close by are your best option for new jets
« Last Edit: 24 September 2010, 16:21:40 by entwood »

boughtonthecheap

• Probably on a road somewhere
  • Not all things that go 'UP' come 'Down'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2010, 16:45:07 »

Oh is that what the holes are, they look like some thing should be 'in them' It was some one at work today said that it was the wiper blades missing, I thought what else can it be for and agreed, better I read the manual hey lol

Cliffo B

• Omega Baron
  • Leeds West Yorkshire
    • 03 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 September 2010, 17:29:39 »

Are you sure that the conductor material within the cables is the same quality as GMs? I doubt it because it can't be checked visually.Iv'e noticed that most available pattern parts when studied can have poorer quality materials hidden another good example is brake parts I like pounds kept in my pocket the same as the next man but I do think it wise to consider far more than appearance. 

MV62960

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2010, 13:59:40 »

Thats a good, wise quote. The trouble is, it isn't a little bit more -it is six times more. The leads have done the trick on my car -no more pinking when the engine is stressed.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.