Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70010 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #105 on: 17 April 2020, 11:36:32 »

Just the usual dog walk & potter about in the garden/garage and we both love it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 17 April 2020, 16:07:11 »

CPC done... That's 35 hours of my life I won't get back :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 17 April 2020, 16:28:24 »

Well had the ABS/Pump replaced the other week, left it until was fully conked out, good to have speedo back and no dash lights on, picked the car up today from the body shop, front bumper re-sprayed following the ASDA delivery van reverse into me last year, had one door panel re-done and passenger rear quarter panel and a bit of rust from rear passenger wheel arch dealt with also, Oh and had the brake  re-sprayed all looking good, next get the rims done.

Oh and also about to get rid of all that sticky crap off the window buttons and fascia buttons, isopropyl alcohol and lint free cloth, works a treat but can take the finish off completely showing through to the white plastic on the edges.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 17 April 2020, 17:33:31 »

Just the usual dog walk & potter about in the garden/garage and we both love it.

Makes you take stock of life doesn't it. As I've been in self isolation (company shutdown) for over a month now it's been a test run for early retirement for me and the days seem to fly by.  If I survive that long I will definitely leave work at 60. I have a decent pension so I'll survive, and having witnessed my parents (both disabled) money all go in care fees it doesn't pay to have too much money .... well, visible money at least.  ::) With their Local Authority anything over £23,250 you can kiss goodbye to if you need care.  :'(
I could retire now, but I'd be sacrificing a percentage for going early as the payment will be stretched over more years, so I'll stick with it until I'm 60 so that I can request company consent.  :y  Just the small matter of reaching 60.  ::) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 17 April 2020, 17:53:52 »

Makes you take stock of life doesn't it. As I've been in self isolation (company shutdown) for over a month now it's been a test run for early retirement for me and the days seem to fly by.  If I survive that long I will definitely leave work at 60. I have a decent pension so I'll survive, and having witnessed my parents (both disabled) money all go in care fees it doesn't pay to have too much money .... well, visible money at least.  ::) With their Local Authority anything over £23,250 you can kiss goodbye to if you need care.  :'(
I could retire now, but I'd be sacrificing a percentage for going early as the payment will be stretched over more years, so I'll stick with it until I'm 60 so that I can request company consent.  :y  Just the small matter of reaching 60.  ::) ;D

I could have retired in 2014 when I was 60 but took partial retirement and now work 19.5 hrs per week , as I am over 65 now with underlying health issues I am on a 12 week isolation period but as you say this has made me take stock , and I will be handing my notice in at the beginning of June, we both have excellent pensions & life really is too short, SWMBO retired fully 2 years ago & absolutely loves it.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2020, 17:56:26 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 17 April 2020, 18:29:03 »

I could have retired in 2014 when I was 60 but took partial retirement and now work 19.5 hrs per week , as I am over 65 now with underlying health issues I am on a 12 week isolation period but as you say this has made me take stock , and I will be handing my notice in at the beginning of June, we both have excellent pensions & life really is too short, SWMBO retired fully 2 years ago & absolutely loves it.

The best decision you can make, and with good pensions retirement is great indeed! 8) 8) :y :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 17 April 2020, 19:07:13 »

CPC done... That's 35 hours of my life I won't get back :D

Your now a fully trained professional driver. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 17 April 2020, 19:22:50 »

Apparently so... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 17 April 2020, 19:31:41 »

other supermarkets available TB
Not in Brakkers ;). Well, there is a smallish Waitrose, but they aint got none either ;D
Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 17 April 2020, 23:01:59 »

Some of my tools were long overdue a good clean, and the recent spannering on the omega haven't helped. So, I found this machine hiding under the kitchen sink ....

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 18 April 2020, 11:46:49 »

Some of my tools were long overdue a good clean, and the recent spannering on the omega haven't helped. So, I found this machine hiding under the kitchen sink ....

:y 

I'd get shot for doing that, especially if the next few washes smelt of hot oil.  ;D  Does the detergent do the plating any harm?  :-\  I know people do it with tools, engine parts etc. but I've never risked it. We have put the grandchildrens plastic toys in there in the past to sterilise them but other than that it's dishes only.  :y

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 18 April 2020, 12:03:42 »

I found this machine hiding under the kitchen sink ....

Excellent machines for cleaning cylinder heads, also worth a look under the sink for some oven cleaner....removes carbon deposits a treat.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 18 April 2020, 12:04:59 »

Oh and had the brake  re-sprayed all looking good, next get the rims done.

Oh and also about to get rid of all that sticky crap off the window buttons and fascia buttons.....

As in the calipers Mike?

Those sticky window button surrounds are annoying. My fascia buttons were ok but I stripped the window button surrounds back to bare black plastic. Didn't know whether to coat them with something like a vinyl covering but never got around to it.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 18 April 2020, 12:13:43 »

This was swmbos first attempt at bread so it could have been beginners luck.
Apparently the chives for the scones were fresh from the garden which makes all the difference - so I have been told.
That's very impressive for a first attempt  :)
maybe I need to get Mrs Builder the flour with the royal warrant  :-\ what brand is it please ?

I've got mint and potatoes growing in the garden
plus lots of building materials (which are not growing OR getting smaller during lockdown)

But Tesco don't have flour or yeast, so that's just a pipe dream.
other supermarkets available TB ,not that i've looked for for strong white flour or yest since before the lockdown
I had good stock of most things non perishable, ready for the BREXIT Apocalypse  ;D

Flour is Shipton Mill Ltd. Tetbury. Gloucs.
https://www.shipton-mill.com/flour-direct-shop
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 18 April 2020, 12:37:32 »

Flour is Shipton Mill Ltd. Tetbury. Gloucs.
https://www.shipton-mill.com/flour-direct-shop
Thank you Sir
I will add the link to my list for future use
I have stock which will get used first though  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.