Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Completed service on Audi for a friend.....what a job!!!  (Read 523 times)

Crazycarzowner

Just done an engine service for a friend on his Audi A4 1.9TDI, what a bloody PITA that was!!! Air filter - easy, diesel filter - fiddley but easy, Oil filter  >:( >:( >:( . What a complete royal PITA that was. Try, try try as I might I could not get the filter housing to move. 25nm it said on the top of it, but I even broke my filter removal tool trying to get it off. Eventually, (and one new tool later) I managed to move the damn thing (without breaking it - Phew). Then I realised why it was so tight. SEALANT!!!!! >:( >:( and I think it must have been Locktite too it was so tough.  ::) I'm really suprised I didn't break it as its only plastic.

Why in Gods name use sealant on the oil filter housing  ::) ::)

Drained the old oil, replaced with the new stuff & 'hey presto' its fine, no leaks when running. All other oils & stuff only took 30mins fighting with that Bl$$$DY thing best part of an hour.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Completed service on Audi for a friend.....what a job!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2012, 18:02:24 »

That's naughty. I only ever nip them up. If you replace the oil seal everytime they never leak anyway. Cowboy'd I'd say
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.