Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157243 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #210 on: 20 May 2012, 12:19:27 »

I think that there should be a 'Handbags Section' where members can go to have a pop at each other, generally fall out and act like kids!!  ::)  That should give the rest of us plenty of room to dicuss politics/bollix, gardening and the merits of poly bushes!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 20 May 2012, 12:29:22 »

I think that there should be a 'Handbags Section' where members can go to have a pop at each other, generally fall out and act like kids!!  ::)  That should give the rest of us plenty of room to dicuss politics/bollix, gardening and the merits of poly bushes!  ;)

Pml   ;D ;D ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 20 May 2012, 13:01:25 »

hes grown on me jonny ;D ;D

Paul.Lovecock strikes again, what a slapper!

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 20 May 2012, 15:51:39 »

hes grown on me jonny ;D ;D

Paul.Lovecock strikes again, what a slapper!

you see theres always one.this is exactly the sort of behaviour thats...............been missing ;D ;D ;D :y

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 20 May 2012, 21:35:03 »

Personaly this day and age you get nothing for free and would not expect to. Saying that i would prefer to pay somebody who knows what there are doing Even when money is in short surply. For example my old mechanic moved house and needed it painted so i painted his house and he serviced my car and fixed my wifes car. All happy no money exchanged hands.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 20 May 2012, 21:39:01 »

Personaly this day and age you get nothing for free and would not expect to. Saying that i would prefer to pay somebody who knows what there are doing Even when money is in short surply. For example my old mechanic moved house and needed it painted so i painted his house and he serviced my wife and fixed my car. All happy no money exchanged hands.
Fixed that for you mate :D :-*
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 20 May 2012, 21:45:04 »

Personaly this day and age you get nothing for free and would not expect to. Saying that i would prefer to pay somebody who knows what there are doing Even when money is in short surply. For example my old mechanic moved house and needed it painted so i painted his house and he serviced my wife and fixed my car. All happy no money exchanged hands.
Fixed that for you mate :D :-*

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 20 May 2012, 21:45:37 »

Personaly this day and age you get nothing for free and would not expect to. Saying that i would prefer to pay somebody who knows what there are doing Even when money is in short surply. For example my old mechanic moved house and needed it painted so i painted his house and he serviced my Wife and fixed my car. All happy no money exchanged hands.

;D ;D I Wondered why my Mrs kept getting her car regularly serviced  :D :D
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #218 on: 20 May 2012, 21:48:45 »

I wont be getting into any debate subject.. but I must say my omega is 15 years old.. still in good nick and I will continue to spend for it as far as I have in my pocket.. Just recently purchased new alloys which requires custom built spacers/pcd changers.. and finally I have finished the problem of 5x110 standard..

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 20 May 2012, 21:50:43 »

I wont be getting into any debate subject.. but I must say my omega is 15 years old.. still in good nick and I will continue to spend for it as far as I have in my pocket.. Just recently purchased new alloys which requires custom built spacers/pcd changers.. and finally I have finished the problem of 5x110 standard..
How you doing Cem :y :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #220 on: 20 May 2012, 21:52:25 »

Hi Robg. :y

trying to get myself busy with stupid things.  :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 20 May 2012, 21:53:50 »

Hope your problems are getting easier mate

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #222 on: 20 May 2012, 21:55:26 »

unfortunately no.. but I hope I will feel better in time.. :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 20 May 2012, 21:57:52 »

unfortunately no.. but I hope I will feel better in time.. :-\
Keep your spirits up Cem :)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 20 May 2012, 23:00:08 »

Late into this one for various assorted reasons, but, here goes.

It is appreciated that OOF, by its very nature, is a transient thing and thus forever evolving.  Its how it evolved from Vxon, FFS....

But that said, there is a still pervading requirement for the standards enviseaged at origin to be maintained throughout.  Pity we didn't maintain that subsequently.   :-\   :'(

I think we shot ourselves in the foot, admin wise, over the DLK/JB/LJ debacle.

Isn't 20/20 hindsight a wonderfull thing???

Given the chance to revisit whats past, well, I think I would have caused us to have a very different OOF if that were to materialise.   :-X

Yes, the admin team took too long to resolve an issue but, that said, the admin team work (or have available) different times to be online and that, by its very nature, means extended times to come to concensus and result.

Yes, perhaps a problem with outspoken members should have been addressed differently, very much earlier, which would probably have resolved the immediate matter in hand but would have had longer term implications that would bite us in times to come.

Bottom line, however, is...

We are where we are.

OOF's initial concept was to provide a forum where owners could get information, advice and hands on assistance (for free!!!) to ensure the marque continues to flourish.  That the owner group has now dropped a social/financial group or several (shoot me, its just an opinion..... :P ) should be meaningless but, sadly, its a fact.  That some members realised a market for parts or hands on services, well, fair play, says I.  Just don't strip the golden teet.

Clique???  Quite possibly but, as said earlier, some on here started as keyboard warriors (like some now.....) but made the effort to enjoy meets, get dirty hands, have a few tears as well as a few beers and thus, friendships are made.  That said friendships now filter into open forum as it is now, well, just join in and in no time at all, you will also be percieved as part of the 'clique' be a member who joins today.......  Think about it.   :y

Whether this marque, like numerous historic others, survives the parts blitz/banger/drift/drag circuit or not remains to be seen but, suffice to say, the forum still continues to be a good meeting place for owners who wish to maintain, improve and continue to enjoy what, to me anyway, is a well presented luxury car at pleasant money on todays listings.

I'm drivelling a tad now but, hopefully, my point is appreciated.

As to new sections and stuff.  Keep the ideas coming.  New cars simply would not appear if it were not for concepts.....    :y

« Last Edit: 20 May 2012, 23:03:15 by hotel21 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.