Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157240 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #330 on: 21 May 2012, 21:52:28 »

You sell yourself too short Webby matey, it won't be too long before you're the most knowledgeable Omega Guru here! :y

lol cheers mate..... but its really down to how many links rob can store on his hardrive  ;D ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 21 May 2012, 21:52:59 »

Like I have said in an earler post  "Let bygons be bygones" lets get back to what the forum is about ....Enjoyment ...... be it about Omegas or  what was on tv last night to helping newbies to find the maintance guides to booking the lap dancewrs for the lakes meet,it all about fun  :y :y :y

think i have said enough bu%% so will now creep back under my stone in the north west lol :y
what was that ??????

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 21 May 2012, 21:57:09 »

Personally I think the forum has not been as much fun as it used to be well before the Daz/Ljay incident. I said to TB a while back that I think the helpful spirit of the forum changed when people like myself started charging for work to be done on Omegas which has all but put an end to cambelt parties. The cambelt parties were a great place for people to put names to faces which would then encourage more people to the Lakes and Newent, it also helps when your having a bit of banter on the forum because you know the person you are having the banter with so they are less likely to take offence.

I know I might be cutting my own throat here because since loosing my job the Omega money is my only income but its what I think has changed the forum :-\

So Its Petes fault

glads thats sorted..stone him then ban him and stone him some more.

personally i think the service Pete, james and Daz and others offer is one of the attractions of the forum Daz has saved me an absolute fortune and in honesty if it was not form him the cost of repairing my car would have been uneconmical

if you should choose to do it for free at meets and i know you do its your choice but imho the money you save members and what you do for it you should get a pat on the back and back side for Daz :y

But thats my point. The cambelt meets were done for free with everyone helping each other over a weekend then it was off for a meal and a few too many beers. At Timbuks there were 30 to 40 Omegas which I know wont happen again because of the venue size, but as AA says it was a brilliant laugh, most if not everyone got there car sorted, people made cakes and bacon butties through the day and everyone had a great laugh. The spirit of OOF :y

I have always, always maintained that whilst I generally will charge a (very reasonable) rate to travel usually quite a long way and do a cambelt, if a cambelt party is held, I will offer my services totally free of charge, to anyone attending that meet.

There have also been lots of examples where I've been one of the members who have got people out of trouble and not charged anything for it - recent examples I can think of within the last month alone are claires cambelt and oil leak, sorting eatmydust's persistent coolant problem, BlackViper's LPG faults, and fixing SMD's cambelt FOC after an ex member breaked it up..

I know Daz for one has helped people in trouble in similar circumstances (Kate rings a bell)

So I don't think it's right to say that because some of us charge for our mobile works, we are lowering the spirit of OOF :y
james every now and then we all do our knight in shining armour bit but nobody can work for free when the receiving party is saving a fortune,if you oof mechanics did so you would be busy fools

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 21 May 2012, 21:58:49 »

Like I have said in an earler post  "Let bygons be bygones" lets get back to what the forum is about ....Enjoyment ...... be it about Omegas or  what was on tv last night to helping newbies to find the maintance guides to booking the lap dancewrs for the lakes meet,it all about fun  :y :y :y

think i have said enough bu%% so will now creep back under my stone in the north west lol :y
and stay there with spelling like that,did you mean bullshit  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 21 May 2012, 22:00:34 »

Well I was going to ask webby a question, but I know he wont read it now :'( ;D ;)

Ask away phil... if it's car related i can't help but if it's cards, booze or women just PM me  ;D ;D  :y :y :y

Webby! My bird's got different sized tits!! What should I do??  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 21 May 2012, 22:01:44 »

Well I was going to ask webby a question, but I know he wont read it now :'( ;D ;)

Ask away phil... if it's car related i can't help but if it's cards, booze or women just PM me  ;D ;D  :y :y :y

Ask Webby says:

Make her wear the bigger ones.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 21 May 2012, 22:02:52 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 21 May 2012, 22:05:19 »

Ask Webby says:

i treat our lass to a boob job last week,maybe next year i can afford to have the other one done  :D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 21 May 2012, 22:06:34 »

I don't believe you.

Take some pictures and put them on here so we all can decide  :y ;D ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 21 May 2012, 22:10:50 »

Ask Webby says:

;D ;D ;D Bloody Quality!  ;D ;D ;D
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 21 May 2012, 22:11:17 »

Like I have said in an earler post  "Let bygons be bygones" lets get back to what the forum is about
Indeed, elsewhere on the site, lets try to do that.

But clearly there are a few annoyances that are severely pissing people off - I prefer H21's descriptive itchy arse hair - so this thread allows us (all) to understand those things, and see if there is anything we (Admin/all) can do to resolve it.

In my opinion, if we simply ignore these annoyances, the situation gets worse, and views become more entrenched. By allowing people to honestly say what their beefs are on a thread that won't get moderated, it gives us (Admins and members) chance to understand these viewpoints, and allows us (Admins) to explain why certain things are as they are (it seems some people are frustrated by some of our expected behaviours, possibly as they haven't seen/understood the reason for it).

I hope that explains :)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #341 on: 21 May 2012, 22:14:52 »

I have a confession, while we're here.  :-[

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 21 May 2012, 22:17:08 »

go on then chris im all ears
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 21 May 2012, 22:17:45 »

Like I have said in an earler post  "Let bygons be bygones" lets get back to what the forum is about
Indeed, elsewhere on the site, lets try to do that.

But clearly there are a few annoyances that are severely pissing people off - I prefer H21's descriptive itchy arse hair - so this thread allows us (all) to understand those things, and see if there is anything we (Admin/all) can do to resolve it.

In my opinion, if we simply ignore these annoyances, the situation gets worse, and views become more entrenched. By allowing people to honestly say what their beefs are on a thread that won't get moderated, it gives us (Admins and members) chance to understand these viewpoints, and allows us (Admins) to explain why certain things are as they are (it seems some people are frustrated by some of our expected behaviours, possibly as they haven't seen/understood the reason for it).

I hope that explains :)
i dont think you can put it any clearer ole bean,if peeps have a problem speak up and be honest and put forward your ideas

feeutfo

« Reply #344 on: 21 May 2012, 22:19:54 »

go on then chris im all ears
I might of over done it... :-[
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.