Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: LV are blocks... Rant alert.  (Read 991 times)

05omegav6

LV are blocks... Rant alert.
« on: 31 January 2014, 20:45:27 »

Got a call from my broker, telling me that my current insurers are unwilling to continue my cover at renewal...

The reason? Too many claims in the last five years :o >:(

To put that in perspective, I renewed last year with a protected 5 years no claims bonus, based on 3 Non Fault events, all settled and one fault event, no claim made.

Since then I have had one fault accident, settled, and one non fault claim pending with 3rd party accepting full liability.

So that's one event out of six that has been claimed against my insurance, yet I am being made to suffer because four different people have chosen to drive into me >:( HTF does that work?

The only reason the latest non fault claim is outstanding, from OCTOBER, is because they've been too fumkimng lazy to do their job and protect the interests of their insured. Once it's dealt with I will then have six years NCB, yet the best quote I have had thus far has been double what I paid last year...

And the icing on the cake, my car gets made a Cat C off for a poxy stonechip on the roof, yet I can't claim the cost of getting it reMoTd or the VIC yet I have to pay the salvage costs as not doing so might be considered betterment
Theiving Onanistic Tuesdays

05omegav6

Re: LV are blocks... Rant alert.
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2014, 20:47:02 »

And...

Breathe :-[

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2014, 20:48:05 »

Grounds for complaint there, but mean time.... :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2014, 20:54:54 »

Probably :-\

Did rather ruin what should have been quite an exciting day :'(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2014, 21:01:21 »

Can't disagree with a single syllable Al .. :(

Mrs E has  suffered a similar stupidity ... last years premium £93 .. her car gets hit by a third party (me driving it however)   .. car is written off for the sake of a door and a plastic wing - "Approved" repairers quote £1400 for a job that actually costs £800 - at a high quality repair shop... car is now cat C through no fault of hers .. but the best quote she can get is £192 !!

This is due to "increased risk" apparently .... so ... how does driving a cat c vehicle increase the risk of a further incident ??  .... no-one has yet been able to actually answer that question ...  :(

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2014, 21:04:10 »

The old line "statistically a non fault claim means you will claim again" didn't crop up did it? By any chance?

Utter bollards.

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2014, 21:05:12 »

If I ever get an answer to that very question, you shall be the first to know :y

Short of covering it with blue and yellow squares, you can't make a white car the size of an Omega estate with xenons any more visible...  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2014, 21:05:51 »

The old line "statistically a non fault claim means you will claim again" didn't crop up did it? By any chance?

Utter bollards.
The broker knew better than to mention it ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2014, 21:13:54 »

Definitely grounds for a complaint. If dragging their heels is affecting your renewal then take it to the ombudsman.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2014, 21:24:51 »

Definitely grounds for a complaint. If dragging their heels is affecting your renewal then take it to the ombudsman.

Somewhat pointless TBH .. the ombudsman won't take any action until all direct channels with the broker have been "explored". The ombudsman will then "look" at the case by writing to the broker to say a complaint has been lodged. The broker will then have a further 8 weeks to reply. After which the ombudsman "may" examine the case.

Our complaint is still ongoing since last September. The brokers, Swinton, have just written to me again, 3 days before the latest "deadline" to say that they are re-examining the case and will answer within 6 weeks ..... the ombudsman are happy to give them the time ...

So, the renewal timing is completely ignored ...they just string it out and hope you give up.... it takes forever.

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2014, 21:31:30 »

Next time some one drives into me, I will ring their insurers direct, and give them five days to get the ball rolling, or else I shall set an accident management company onto them...

Said company will be one that... A.I have used before; and, B. Are very good; namely Chief Vehicle Rentals :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2014, 22:17:39 »

How about discussing the matter with the Money Programme on Radio 4.  Generally very good at investigating and sorting out such matters :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2014, 23:14:32 »

Ombudsman will only ever look at compensating losses. They are not in a position to force cover. Obviously.

A complaint is worthwhile purely from compensation pov. But it will take more than a year just to be seen by the Fsa. Meanwhile he needs cover of some sort.

Hence my first post.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2014, 09:46:59 »

When I lost the fight against 3 other cars and the central barrier, my insurance warned me my insurance would get hiked on renewal, excuse given was statistically I was more likely to have another.

As it happened, the increase was probably in line with normal insurance increases at the time.

I kind of understand their view - I used to work with someone who was hit up the arse 3 times in quick succession, yet always insisted it wasn't his fault...  ...like the old cliche of a 90yr old little old lady who'd never had an accident in her life, yet carnage always happened around her.

In addition, following my last accident, every time I had to slow down quickly, I was always paying more attention to checking the car behind was also slowing, rather than watching what was happeneing in front...  ...and it took me several months to actually be able to overcome that fear/reaction.
Grumpy old man

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2014, 10:35:51 »

Al have your current insurers actually set out in writing your claims history? If not ask them to do this and detail the reasons for the open items. Point out that this is prejudicing your ability to get cover at reasonable cost and that you hold them responsible for any increase in costs that you incur unnecessarily.

Once your insurers have clearly written down their issues then you can decide next steps
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2014, 18:27:48 »

Al have your current insurers actually set out in writing your claims history? If not ask them to do this and detail the reasons for the open items. Point out that this is prejudicing your ability to get cover at reasonable cost and that you hold them responsible for any increase in costs that you incur unnecessarily.

Once your insurers have clearly written down their issues then you can decide next steps

Yes, good point. EVERY insurance company of any kind ask if you've ever had insurance declined and why, so it's not unreasonable to insist on them taking it seriously.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2014, 19:32:51 »

The only outstanding item is the incident in October, and the only reason it's outstanding is simply because they never kept on top of it... ok it took the 3rd party until 21/10 to admit full liability, but could have all been sorted by mid November >:(

I'll freely admit to forgetting about it, especially in the run up to Christmas :-[ but surely they work for us, not the otherway round :-X

Anyways, see what tomorrow brings :-\
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.