Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aldi air compressor & accessories  (Read 981 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Aldi air compressor & accessories
« on: 02 May 2014, 15:50:31 »

Back in December Aldi had one of their promotions so I wandered over in my lunch hour & bought an impact wrench and a blister pack with an assortment of tyre inflators and jets.

I didn't recognise the quick release coupling but I wasn't bothered because I have some spare PCL connectors. It was only recently that I unscrewed the coupler from the air jet & discovered that they have used some random thread & neither 1/4 or 5/16 BSP will fit  >:(

I haven't seen that type of quick release coupling anywhere else. If I could find one I would make up a short hose with Aldi quick release one end and a PCL probe the other.

Does anyone know how often Aldi get air tools in? or where else sells that type of quick release? or even what the parentage of that blasted thread is??
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

aaronjb

Re: Aldi air compressor & accessories
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2014, 16:15:57 »

I have some Aldi stuff and the connectors look like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/300544710042

Does that look like yours? If so then they're the de facto standard the other side of the chunnel..

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Aldi air compressor & accessories
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2014, 18:39:49 »

I have some Aldi stuff and the connectors look like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/300544710042

Does that look like yours? If so then they're the de facto standard the other side of the chunnel..
That looks familiar :y

I have just been to Screwfix where I saw this in the catalogue

After a bit more poking around in the catalogue I found the corresponding female connector

Of course it wasn't in stock so I will collect next time I go to work....
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.