Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galaxy variable vane turbocharger - oil feed  (Read 684 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Galaxy variable vane turbocharger - oil feed
« on: 17 July 2015, 19:18:52 »

What was meant to take me 1 day last weekend has taken 3 days so far. I hadn't realised that to get the turbo out I would need to dismantle the inlet system at the back of the engine from above and the exhaust system from below. Access isn't great and everything seemed to be seized. :(

Got the turbo on the bench today and managed to get the bolts out with a struggle. Splitting the turbo was easier than expected which revealed a fairly clean mechanism with just enough rust and carbon to stop the vanes from moving freely. Cleaned it all and put it back together and it now works smoothly again :y

Now I have got the turbo back in the car I want to prime the oil feed without starting the engine. Filling the oil pipe with a syringe appears nigh on impossible, I can barely see the pipe let alone get a syringe to it  :(

What I intend to do is crank the engine on the starter until oil appears from the return pipe of the turbo. What is the safest way to do this? Can I just unplug the injector harness as I have seen suggested elsewhere?

The engine is an AUY 1.9 tdi PD. It has injectors actuated by the camshaft but controlled by the ECU.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2015, 19:22:48 by Andy H »
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy variable vane turbocharger - oil feed
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2015, 22:55:28 »

If you pull the fuse for the in tank pump that should stop it from starting,well the bloody things won't start when the pump fails so it should work! !
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.