Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Drunk driver on BBC news  (Read 10748 times)

STEMO

Re: Drunk driver on BBC news
« Reply #60 on: 11 April 2017, 18:54:34 »

Some of the extreme views on justice and the prevalent vigilante type comments on this forum never cease to amaze me

Indeed! :y :y :y

Always remember this:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".
 ;)
Hmmmm........I prefer 'Do onto others before they do onto you'. I think that's right.  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 11 April 2017, 18:55:22 »

James was saying that there may be mitigating circumstances. If there were, then the pre-sentencing reports would have brought these to light and have been made known to the beak.

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has. and then deported

My feelings

Deported to where? I can't see in the article that she isn't a British citizen?

The Australian's have been doing it for years with people who, become citizens, commit crime and if the court decides you get sent back to your country of birth/origin. If that was allowed here be more room in prisons and some might think twice before committing a crime.
Two points here:
1) No one is ever going to be deported for drunk driving, and

2) We're not Australian.

No were not, but they do what we should be doing, on crime, and immigration.
Emigration is always an option......please  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11 April 2017, 18:55:56 »

Blimey, some people take a light hearted, throw away comment a little bit too seriously sometimes.

However, now you've all made me think harder by it, we all know right from wrong, and being 3 times over the limit and driving a tank isn't a 'mistake', or even just 'stupid'.  Its retarded beyond all comprehension.  No point taking the licence away, as the individual concerned must have known what she was doing, so would probably drive anyway, knowing there is little chance of getting caught.  And I would suspect its incredibly likely that this isn't the first time, just the first time caught.  So, an ideal candidate for the mass cull.

How, in order to not pander to the namby pambies that current society gets all goo-ey over, what to do with the child on the back seat?  In a previous life, I had multiple jobs that involved dealing with all walks of life, and from that experience, I have learnt that scum breeds scum.  If the parents have no respect for right or wrong, how do you expect an impressional child to respond?

So, what was nothing more than a purposeful albeit light hearted but knowingly controversial comment, has made me think if I should have been serious when I said it :P.

Now, if anybody is offended, that's their privilege. Its not intended.  Just remember I am offended by do-gooders. I'm offended by breast feeding in public. I'm offended by screaming kids or unruly kids if its inappropriate for the environment. I'm offended when scum kids dig up bits of my drive or damage my property and I am the one in the wrong from manhandling the little shits back to their scum parents.  I'm offended by receiving nothing but verbal, and being threatened with physical abuse from the scum dad of the little shit I caught stealing from me.

But what I'm really offended by is people calling me "admin".  My name here is some variant of TheBoy, except when Mr DTM finds out a little secret about when I wore girl's tights - but that's a story for another day  :-[. But I occasionally get called "admin" as if I carry more weight, or am somehow more important than some others. I don't and I ain't. And I'm subject to the same moderation rules and warnings as everyone else. Christ, we've spend nearly 11yrs stating here that everyone is equal.

There you go, make of that what you will. Go chew the fat on that. Daily Mail/BBC fans, feel free to show your outrage.  I might not see the replies though, as you can see from above, I'm easily offended.
Grumpy old man

Lincs Robert

« Reply #63 on: 11 April 2017, 18:56:11 »

James was saying that there may be mitigating circumstances. If there were, then the pre-sentencing reports would have brought these to light and have been made known to the beak.

The reality is, none of us will be privy to the full information. I'm not saying she shouldn't be dealt with or sent to prison. I'm pleased she has. and then deported

My feelings

Deported to where? I can't see in the article that she isn't a British citizen?

The Australian's have been doing it for years with people who, become citizens, commit crime and if the court decides you get sent back to your country of birth/origin. If that was allowed here be more room in prisons and some might think twice before committing a crime.
Two points here:
1) No one is ever going to be deported for drunk driving, and

2) We're not Australian.

No were not, but they do what we should be doing, on crime, and immigration.
Emigration is always an option......please  :)

Where you going?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 11 April 2017, 18:56:49 »

And that took about 10mins to post, as every time I hit the button, I got the dialogue that somebody had replied again ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11 April 2017, 19:02:08 »

There you go, make of that what you will. Go chew the fat on that. Daily Mail/BBC fans, feel free to show your outrage.  I might not see the replies though, as you can see from above, I'm easily offended.

Jeez you're such a bleddy snowflake!  :o  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 11 April 2017, 19:04:51 »

Jeez you're such a bleddy snowflake!  :o  :D  ;D

He doesn't even live in Tunbridge Wells
Hoof'land storeman.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11 April 2017, 19:08:44 »

....except when Mr DTM finds out a little secret about when I wore girl's tights - but that's a story for another day.....

It's not what everyone thinks.... Found this old picture of TB in a previous career

All seventies bank robbers needed a wire man!

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11 April 2017, 19:54:20 »

I'm offended by receiving nothing but verbal, and being threatened with physical abuse from the scum dad of the little shit I caught stealing from me................

That's because you grew up in the posh part of Aylesbury, you're not hardened to it.  ;) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 April 2017, 23:02:21 »

Guessing she isn't local, regardless of passport, as it was reported in Rhodesia Zimbabwe  ::)

An example or two of the comments on their page, just in case it was considered that people here are opinionated bigots...

Lets go to Uganda and Rwanda guys, they still have beautiful (at heart) and marriable (in truth) women, not these Zimbabwean Beijing Mentality women spoiling themselves with drink and infidelity.

And

I totally agree. My fellow sisters are only known for
Twerking in the streets
Having babies with different fathers
Populating western prisons
Black boys using knives
Wearing expensive hair hats
Being extremely obese
Always being at school because kids are misbehaving

The black race needs to check itself and correct mistakes.

Meantime, some of our men go round preaching
"Black Lives Matter"
When they are not wearing condoms when with these single mothers, and therefore helping to make the matter a lot worse.

Please men, when having sex with a girl who already has a child by a man/men who left her, wear condoms because you will leave her too and you really do not want your child to be brought up by such an irresponsible mother.

She should have already had a free and sterilisation but NO, she is still having babies.

For this one in UK, this was not an accident at all. It was the objective.
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #70 on: 12 April 2017, 07:28:57 »

Christ, can you imagine if they (who I am assuming are not white) posted views like that in America? They'd find themselves on the wrong end of a bullet from some activistnutter, I'm sure.

STEMO

« Reply #71 on: 12 April 2017, 09:09:39 »

So....that's two posts in this thread that say 'If you think we're bad, look at them'. I suppose Robert Mugabe could have said 'If you think I'm bad, look at Hitler'.
Doesn't work for me.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 12 April 2017, 09:29:16 »

So....that's two posts in this thread that say 'If you think we're bad, look at them'. I suppose Robert Mugabe could have said 'If you think I'm bad, look at Hitler'.
Doesn't work for me.

Quite. As the saying goes " two wrongs don't make a right"
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 12 April 2017, 09:35:15 »

Doesn't work for me.

Comparing anything to Hitler seems to be very bad form these days as Ken Livingstone and Sean Spicer will tell you.  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 12 April 2017, 11:52:24 »

Doesn't work for me.

Comparing anything to Hitler seems to be very bad form these days as Ken Livingstone and Sean Spicer will tell you.  ::)  ;D

Cut him some slack. The lad only had one ball. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.