Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who doesn't sleep?  (Read 3370 times)

STEMO

Who doesn't sleep?
« on: 11 June 2017, 09:32:44 »

Been up since half four this morning, I'm really having trouble sleeping these days. Go off alright (we'll, not bad) and wake up anywhere between 3 and 5. Then spend the day knackered...but not grumpy, like some people. :P
I'm putting it down to my lad's A levels and off to uni (really worried about that one), but who knows.  :-\
Some people I talk to have been like this for years, but seem to get by on about 4-5 hours. It can't be good for you/me.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Who doesn't sleep?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2017, 09:35:38 »

It's because she's insatiable and can't leave you alone  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2017, 09:44:59 »

I understand it's something that can affect you more as you age (sorry Ste). That said, my old man has gone the other way, always slept 3-4.5 hrs a night until he retired, now does 6-7.

TBH I wouldn't worry (it won't help you sleep   ;D) your lad is heading for one of the biggest challenges of his life so far, and you for one of the biggest changes any parent faces. It's bound to have a short term effect  :y

Personally, between 3hrs of commuting a day, finishing off renovating the house evenings and weekends, I don't have any trouble getting my allotted 6hrs  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2017, 10:11:06 »

6. .!  Not enough surely.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2017, 10:17:10 »

Honestly, I could do 10+, every night, easily  ::)

SWMBO knows not to disturb me before 9-9.30 on a weekend, and even then, only if she's bearing a bacon sandwich ;)

Lincs Robert

« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2017, 10:35:50 »

I've found that worry is the biggest issue in not sleeping.

Having had the misfortune to have suffered a couple of periods of unemployment within the last five years, AND oldest son being "deployed" five times - I can see that there is a direct correlation between my worry/stress and not sleeping well. Similar symptoms to those you describe actually - getting off to sleep fairly easily, but then waking up and having stressful thoughts for ages. "What if, why didn't I do so & so etc". So I can see that your lads forthcoming exams could be doing that for you.

The good news is that removing the stress solves the problem almost immediately.

I've found that proper meals and getting decent physical/mental exercise helps a lot - try taking up bellringing  :y.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2017, 10:40:17 by Lincs Robert »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2017, 10:38:51 »

I sleep like a bastard, which is strange as I always thought I had some sort of conscience....  :-\  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2017, 11:56:06 »

6 hrs no more no less , even if I go earlier I wake up at stupid o'clock
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2017, 12:02:27 »

Work will affect your sleep pattern , when I'm on early shift I'm always awake before the alarm goes of at 0530 , must be a mental thing about sleeping in ?   

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2017, 13:01:58 »

Been up since half four this morning, I'm really having trouble sleeping these days. Go off alright (we'll, not bad) and wake up anywhere between 3 and 5. Then spend the day knackered...but not grumpy, like some people. :P
I'm putting it down to my lad's A levels and off to uni (really worried about that one), but who knows.  :-\
Some people I talk to have been like this for years, but seem to get by on about 4-5 hours. It can't be good for you/me.

At your age you will need to take a piss three or four times a night unless you want wet sheets.

This will disrupt your sleep.

I suggest......

1. Sex just before you switch off the light.
2.A hot bath followed by a warm milky drink.
3.Herbal sleep remedy after an energetic day.
4.Excessive alcohol .......although this can lead to a 'wet bed'
5.Die.....from this point on you will have no trouble sleeping
6.Meditation.
7.Yoga.
8.Sleeping pills.
9. Stop worrying.
10.Relaxation tape.

The charge for my advice will be £150 or one puke green Astra and £20. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2017, 13:03:34 »

I sleep like a bastard, which is strange as I always thought I had some sort of conscience....  :-\  ;D

Nah. :)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 11 June 2017, 13:12:53 »

At your age you will need to take a piss three or four times a night unless you want wet sheets.

I suggest......

2.A hot bath followed by a warm milky drink.
3.Herbal sleep remedy after an energetic day.
4.Excessive alcohol .......although this can lead to a 'wet bed'
5.Die.....from this point on you will have no trouble sleeping
6.Meditation.
7.Yoga.
8.Sleeping pills.
9. Stop worrying.
10.Relaxation tape.

The charge for my advice will be £150 or one puke green Astra and £20. :y
Sorry......I chose five so you're gettin nowt.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2017, 17:38:11 »

I've found that worry is the biggest issue in not sleeping.

Having had the misfortune to have suffered a couple of periods of unemployment within the last five years, AND oldest son being "deployed" five times - I can see that there is a direct correlation between my worry/stress and not sleeping well. Similar symptoms to those you describe actually - getting off to sleep fairly easily, but then waking up and having stressful thoughts for ages. "What if, why didn't I do so & so etc". So I can see that your lads forthcoming exams could be doing that for you.

The good news is that removing the stress solves the problem almost immediately.

I've found that proper meals and getting decent physical/mental exercise helps a lot - try taking up bellringing  :y.
Thanks, Robert. So...I shouldn't worry about not sleeping, because that will stop me from sleeping.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2017, 17:44:02 »

My sleeping pattern is haywire due to doing 10 out of every 28 nights (without overtime) on nightshifts. I used to worry a lot about it, but decided to stop worrying and sleep when I'm tired whatever time of the day or night it is. I sleep better now due to not stressing about a lack of sleep.
Easier said than done though, if you have genuine major worries going on. Worrying and fretting doesn't usually help, but its hard not at times.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2017, 18:10:26 »

I suggest......

Its Stemo, even with the light off .. <shudder>..... pass the mind bleach please  ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.