Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: what has the past yr done for you  (Read 2063 times)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
what has the past yr done for you
« on: 30 December 2008, 13:46:35 »

financially, finding this site, saved me loads of money and taught me a thing or 2 about numerous things. chat to some real nice guys and ladies.

taken up golf with my son, were now best m8s, just wish the other one would come over more often.
had a lot more work than the previous yr
helped a few m8s out with problems
and last couple of months ill

not too bad id say.  :y :y

PaulW

• Omega Knight
  • Somewhere near Manchester
  • Come on you fiend!
    • Some crappy Insignia
    • View Profile
Re: what has the past yr done for you
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2008, 14:16:55 »

Past year for me...

Nothing!
Humbugs...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2008, 14:18:43 »

I became a Grandad :y

I became one of the 2 million unemployed :(
Retired

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2008, 14:22:52 »

Lost my job, found another. Lost my women, found a dog (the dogs better).
I'm looking forward to a new start & who knows what the future holds :) :)

fife_omega_v6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2008, 14:22:56 »

past year has been crap for me
lost my mum in oct
had to wind up my business begining of dec
hope next year bring more luck eh
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00054-1.jpg[/IMG][img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00059-1.jpg[/IMG]

stuart30

« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2008, 14:24:47 »

Watched my lovely gorgeous boys grow up so much....worked far too much...not told the wife i love her enough and Moved house on christmas day. ::) ;D

Next year...Buy and sell mums flat...make a huge profit and enjoy the kids learning new things everyday. :y

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2008, 14:40:39 »

worked for 49 of the 52 weeks in this year...as a contractor that is good.

watched my daughter grow up
tolerate my sister in law who is still getting on my tits
expanded my circle of friends
get wet......a lot (especially newent  :y )
sold the Gold Elite  :'( and got a blue CDX

Laughed a lot and cried a little

here's hoping 2009 is good for everyone  ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2008, 14:51:49 »

Hmmm

Got told I was redundant with 100+ years of development in Telecoms ending at the site we were at.
Just under 50% of the jobs were available in Coventry
Applies for my position and got it
Put house on the market to sell it
Took it off again in December because we could not get a buyer and I could tolerate the commute......that and we could not find any where as good as we are in with 25 miles of Coventry!

Its been......emotional  ;D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2008, 14:57:49 »

nothing on the horizon yet m8, i dont know how i will do this yr, most of my work is for agencies and they put east europeans first as they get more money for them than british. one agency even admitted usuing them rather than brits.  >:( >:(

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2008, 16:41:24 »

not done too much, sold an omega and bought a corsa, saved a fortune and then bought a house, thats about it, cos we still haven't moved in it yet!

STMO123

« Reply #10 on: 30 December 2008, 16:42:52 »

I started the year posting on OOF, and I haven't left my chair since.(Dying for a poo)
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 16:43:35 by STMO123 »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2008, 16:46:03 »

nothing on the horizon yet m8, i dont know how i will do this yr, most of my work is for agencies and they put east europeans first as they get more money for them than british. one agency even admitted usuing them rather than brits.  >:( >:(

Not really, the only things I have done in my life are retail or building trade, so im pretty much stuffed. Im thinking of going back to college.
Retired

waspy

« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2008, 16:48:07 »

I started the year posting on OOF, and I haven't left my chair since.(Dying for a poo)

I just wet my self ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2008, 17:56:12 »

Allways said you were full of it, Now it's official.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 17:58:58 by skruntie »
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2008, 17:57:28 »

Not really, the only things I have done in my life are retail or building trade, so im pretty much stuffed. Im thinking of going back to college.

Good for you Pete, do it and you won't regret it! 8-) 8-) ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #15 on: 30 December 2008, 18:03:56 »

Apart from joining the OOF in April after obtaining my second Omega and seemingly doing nothing but producing endless essays, presentations, along with sitting exams and reading during the year, I have also done some very useful work with Kent Police. 8-) 8-)

Health could be better, but I am still here and going forward!

Not a bad year overall. ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 18:04:57 by Lizzie_Zoom »

waspy

« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2008, 18:05:19 »

Allways said you were full of it, Now it's official.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y :y I just wet myself for a second time :D

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2008, 18:12:08 »

I just wet my self ;D ;D ;D ;D

you never left your chair either then?? ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2008, 20:07:21 »

Changed the old Miggy (2.5 minifacelift) for this one in January. Had LPG fitted in May. Fantastic holiday to Millau in August. Retired from the Military after 38 years in September, started a part-time job in November. Bought a new 'van in December.

Attended 3 OOF meets (WIM opening, Lakes & Newent) met a lot of very nice folks, learned a great deal, drank copiously.

:)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2008, 20:17:29 »

For me, 2008 has been a worrying and stresfull year - but towards the end it has all come together.

This year - the good:

* Left the ISP I worked shifts/nights for, and re-joined the NHS, initially as a contractor, and eventually got a full time post there. It was a bit of turmoil, as a) I nearly didn't get the full time job b) there have been issues c) i nearly walked out(!) - but it's working reasonably well at the moment, is more money, and easy peasy hours with loads of flexibility.

* Set up my own little insured / registered business, to work on Omega's in my spare time and earn a few beer tokens in the process. Had nothing but satisfied customers and repeat business, and not one complaint - so see that as an achievement / plus point of 2008.

* Got accepted as a Hobby Bobby / Special Constable, despite what were initially very iffy barriers which I thought would exclude me. Have finished my training course (all bar a couple of catch up sessions), been sworn in, and made some really good friends in the Force, am gaining experience in a range of situations, and confidence, ability, fitness, all round is increasing.

* Have (I think / hope) fully recovered from a longer term health issue, which was initially a huge worry for me and my family.

* Am still with Maria, and going strong, despite some really rough patches.

* Financially I am now much more in control.

In terms of bad points -

* Watching my family grow old and infirm, is quite upsetting.

* Mum being diagnosed wiht Diabetes

* Getting blood poisining (I was v lucky) , and a few other little nasties.

Altogether not a bad year - but I am banking on 2009 being a better one :y
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 20:19:15 by JamesV6CDX »

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2008, 20:44:37 »

Right mix

Getting into bad financial difficulties, ended up with a large loan

Had a nasty fall

Car has needed lots of work

Got my daughter into a very good fee paying school with a lot of support from bursaries.

hp7166

• Bridgend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2008, 21:15:44 »

Not a bad year

Bought a Miggy
2nd Daughter Born
Good Christmas

Downside

Just been told could lose my job in March (Nice Crimbo Pressie)
Heater in Car Still Not working (its so cold in there)
Still in Debt (not really bothered though)

Happy New Year All :)

dieseldean

• Omega Knight
  • chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2008, 22:05:02 »

parked up and scrapped a good miggy that needed a bit of welding just cos only a gls
bought a newer higher spec with same engine and less miles but wished kept old one
only good news of 2008 is i've stuffed 1 in wifes oven and look forward to meeting the results around easter 2009 :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2008, 22:29:44 »

Been another iffy year with the old health, off work for 3 months.....again.............. :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2008, 22:46:14 »

Been another iffy year with the old health, off work for 3 months.....again.............. :(

Sorry to hear that Mike, hope you make a speedy recovery :(

amigov6

« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2008, 23:16:13 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2008, 23:22:17 »

Not had a too bad a year really. seems to have gone all tits up now though. heres to a really bad start to 2009. Well for me anyway. :'(

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2008, 23:24:34 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2008, 23:27:15 »

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)
I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(
Grumpy old man

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2008, 23:41:52 »

I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(

same here, my dad seems to be going to one every other week, always someone from the legion, im afraid my dad doesnt look too well, hes 78 now, its the coming of an end of an era, be the same for us in a few yrs. conversation in the pub seems to be more about illnesses  now rather than women and football  ;D ;D

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 December 2008, 23:51:30 »

at the risk of sounding very morbid, when you attend your parents then you know time is catching up with you.....

WE may not always get on with our parents but they are the only ones we have, treasure the time you have with them, and never be afraid to tell them how improtant they are to you.....

god that sounds so patronising

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 December 2008, 23:58:44 »

since my mum and dad split up i seem to see them less and less i think, i play golf 2 mins from my dads but never call in, should do more  :-[ :-[

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 December 2008, 00:00:21 »

at the risk of sounding very morbid, when you attend your parents then you know time is catching up with you.....

WE may not always get on with our parents but they are the only ones we have, treasure the time you have with them, and never be afraid to tell them how improtant they are to you.....

god that sounds so patronising

It is, but true. I have had difficult relationships with my Dad, over the years, but he is still my Dad, and my daughters Grandfather.

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 December 2008, 00:08:25 »

Had a second hip replacement in Feb youngest daughter (36) making me a grandad again  with baby due in June her first ! hope i'm around to see it as going in hospital for heart valve operation in Jan (not long now) !! :o
met some of you great bunch at meets hope to get fixed up & get to some more meets in 2009  fingers X :y

HNY to all  ::)

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 December 2008, 00:15:46 »

turned me into a 5 yr old again buying megas like somebody obsessed :P
taught me not to mess with cars-omg how many headaches did i get trying to put a 2.5 into a 2.0 being unable to find the immobiliser box behind the airbag! but yet i still play with these stupid ideas! :D
kinda learnt that rolling a car isnt nice too!
got me talking to a great bunch of people that also own omegas!
V8!!!!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 December 2008, 00:29:58 »

Had a second hip replacement in Feb youngest daughter (36) making me a grandad again  with baby due in June her first ! hope i'm around to see it as going in hospital for heart valve operation in Jan (not long now) !! :o
met some of you great bunch at meets hope to get fixed up & get to some more meets in 2009  fingers X :y

HNY to all  ::)

Jeeez... wheres time go! Hope all goes well with the op mate!  :y

When you going in? I could bob down and see ya before hand, Maybe going to my ants house soon.
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2008, 00:50:31 »

Hope all goes well for you Willyboy. im sure it will.  ;) :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

vauxnut

• swindon wilts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 December 2008, 07:03:09 »

very challenging year for way too many reasons,still trying to look at the glass as half full(but im sure someones been drinking from it behind my back) ;D ;D ;D :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2008, 08:40:12 »

2008 was a mixed year here too.....2009 will be much better for a few reasons....

1. In January I finish paying off a debt which has cost me £300 a month for the past 7.5 yrs......
2. Our 2 yr old son should be getting through his temper tantrums phase any time soon.....
3. The MV6 should be getting its persistant 0170 and 0173 problem rectified for good mid January.....
4. We have 2 good holidays coming up.....first is a 2 car family trip for a week in Normandy....second is a long weekend in Moscow flying Business Class....
5. Got a Playstation 3 for Christmas and the game collection is increasing almost daily....

So out with 2008 and onwards and upwards in 2009......and best of luck to everyone for the New Year.....especially those who arent having such a good time of things right now.

:)

« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 08:44:12 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 31 December 2008, 12:19:36 »

last year bring me a small car..

and a person who made me loose some years in job evaporated :o

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 December 2008, 12:25:27 »

Should add that for 2009 I have a few major projects

1) Project Mick Dundee's car......just finishing off a few promised minor jobs so I can get my teeth stuck into this one!

2) Draw up extension plans

3) Build said extension.....everything but the plastering.....

I guess also a cambelt meet or two!
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 12:26:06 by Mark »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 December 2008, 13:35:19 »

Feel a bit more decrepit
Parents are more decrepit (familiar theme)
Renovated three more rooms in our country "ruin"
Had weeks of anguish with the Omega auto box problems
Had loads of help from forum members in fixing gearbox and other problems
Became about 20% poorer cos of the collapse of the pound v the euro
Bought a motorised hand held tree shaker to help with this years olive harvest.

2009 ?
More house renovation work, which we actually enjoy doing including the plastering!
Our rental apartment open for business from May onwards
MOT for Omega then cambelt change in the Spring
More poverty if the pound continues its plummet v the euro
Lots of sunny days, peace and tranquility  :y

El Varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

mantahatch

« Reply #42 on: 31 December 2008, 16:29:28 »

Well I think I can safely say 2008 has been the worst year of my life.
I have been promoted and got 2 good pay rises and I am in fairly safe employment. However (there it is) All my promo/pay rises have been completly wiped out by extra taxes and rising bills. I have had to put up with the worse manager I have ever had in 27 years of employment, and before that when I worked a paper round, then served petrol in a service station (remember those ?)

My wife got a new job on better money for a construction company eight  months ago, and is now very worried her job is unsafe.

It seems no matter how hard we try to improve our lives, the powers that be just keep knocking us back.

If nothing improves in 2009, I will quit work and live off the state, become chav-dad or something like that.

Mike
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.