Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Noisey Neighbers and the Law  (Read 2555 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Noisey Neighbers and the Law
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2009, 22:28:06 »

Definately doesn't sound like the time to be thinking about the legal status - the best approach will be a friendly chat.

It may be something as simple as she's not aware she can be heard next door, etc....

(Our next door neighbour definately doesn't realise this - her bedroom backs onto ours and we hear some VERY interesting noises!!!)

(By the way, she is a lesbian teacher ;D  :-* )

That wasn't a subject we had in school when I was a lad :D

Women weren't allowed to teach when you were a lad  ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2009, 22:28:36 »

I would start by going around and asking her to be a bit more considerate ;)
I would start by cutting through her electricity supply,either that or go round and sh* her brains out,so she is too tired to do diy of an evening. :y ;D ;D

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2009, 22:40:08 »

regarding the washing machine, it could be that she has it running in off peak hours as its cheaper which is unfortunately why it spins in the early hours, ours is set to do that but our washer is in the furthest point of our house from the neighbour (semi-detached) and therefore disturbs no one

but yes, a civil approach is a wise first move for the other issues

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2009, 22:52:42 »

regarding the washing machine, it could be that she has it running in off peak hours as its cheaper which is unfortunately why it spins in the early hours, ours is set to do that but our washer is in the furthest point of our house from the neighbour (semi-detached) and therefore disturbs no one

Must agree with Danny, a polite word with her would be my recommended approach.
Recently had issues with a neigbour about our hedge encroaching the alley way- he went straight to the council,  instead of mentioning  it to me or the missus. had the council bloke out, had a chat explained our concerns about cutting the hedge back now - he's agreed with our view and is happy with the thickness of the hedge, which has pissed our neighbour off no end :y
Neighbour is now on the list of people that, if on fire are to be put out with a hammer >:(

gavbriggs

• Rotherham S.Yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2009, 22:52:52 »

Definately doesn't sound like the time to be thinking about the legal status - the best approach will be a friendly chat.

It may be something as simple as she's not aware she can be heard next door, etc....

(Our next door neighbour definately doesn't realise this - her bedroom backs onto ours and we hear some VERY interesting noises!!!)

i had one once, she was singing, quite loudly and crap during the night, went round with a hammer in my hand and asked her to quit the kareoke or i'd be making some alterations to her machine!! she was very quiet after that!!! then one of the other neighbours got stabbed so i moved!!

and the lesbian teacher, does she do practical lessons or is it purely text book stuff???

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2009, 23:06:54 »

Recently had issues with a neigbour about our hedge encroaching the alley way- he went straight to the council,  instead of mentioning  it to me or the missus. had the council bloke out, had a chat explained our concerns about cutting the hedge back now - he's agreed with our view and is happy with the thickness of the hedge, which has pissed our neighbour off no end :y
Neighbour is now on the list of people that, if on fire are to be put out with a hammer >:(

everyone has these lists, but with different circumstances ;D mine is a list of people i shall murder if i find out i have a very short life expectancy myself ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2009, 23:07:47 »

James, why dont you have a word with PiPs neighbour and ask her to put a couple of holes in your bedroom wall. That way PiP can have a peaceful night while his neighbour is away and you can find out what all the noise is next door ::) :D
Retired

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2009, 23:10:45 »

everyone has these lists, but with different circumstances ;D mine is a list of people i shall murder if i find out i have a very short life expectancy myself ;D
I like to run through my list when i'm bored, don't mention it public, as the missus think it  paints me as somewhat dangerous :o

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2009, 23:22:46 »

I out noised ours :-[

Worked though

Pipsqueak

• Intermediate Member
  • Leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2009, 23:24:57 »

Bloody hell, she must be bored.  The washing machine is just going into spin mode now.

Might go to Richersounds tomorrow and go look for a nice big sub woofer.  ::)
To know me is to truly love me.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2009, 23:25:53 »

I out noised ours :-[

Worked though

::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2009, 23:45:48 »

aye i have a 600W Toshiba sub permanently wired into the TV and its always on since fatty's dogs started messing up the garden and the happy hardcore at 7am

i also know she uses an orange mobilephone so i purchased a GSM 1800 radio blocker off eBay last yr works a treat! i know it works as she goes up the garden to make calls now!
« Last Edit: 25 January 2009, 23:46:59 by tmx »

dispondent 1

• brighton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 January 2009, 06:36:40 »

Any advice would be appreciated.

A CIVIL knock on the door to start with. ;)  ;)  ;) :y

then do the dogs with an ammer >:(

Debs.

« Reply #28 on: 26 January 2009, 07:14:56 »

She teaches how to be a lesbian???? :-?  :-?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D :y

;D ;D ;D ROTFLOL ;D ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #29 on: 26 January 2009, 08:47:22 »

First, try to talk as other members stated..

but dont use noise otherwise you wil give her a reason to defend herself..

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.