Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I just transfer you?  (Read 3641 times)

Ronald_McBurger

Can I just transfer you?
« on: 24 March 2007, 11:09:03 »

Phone call this morning from, erm who knows????

'Hello'
'Good morning, May I speak with Mr (McBurger)'
'Who is calling?'
'I am calling on behalf of Barclaycard'
GUARD UP - 'I'll just Get Detective McBurger for you..... please hold...'

Short pause then me saying, with phone held slightly away....

'Ok, I've got her on line 4, keep the tape rolling and start tracing this call. ' '(louder voice) Good morning, Fraud sqaud, detective McBurger speaking.......'

SILENCE followed by click and long Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Seems to have done the job.

Barclaycard my A R S E.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Can I just transfer you?
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2007, 11:14:14 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Personally i use the Peter Griffin sound board, its a huge display of buttons with lots of clips, him says yes, hello, what you selling and so on....

We had one mobile phone sales man on the phone for about 15 mins!  :D

It looks like this:

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2007, 12:25:44 »

Got a call from Barclays recently (Indian call centre):

Mr. Wood,
We're calling to inform you that there's a note on your file saying that you have expressed a preference not to hear about new products and services from Barclays and other affiliated.......
> And?
Well, because of this, you may not have heard about new products and services.....
> That's the general idea.
So, Mr. Wood, would you like me to tell you about these new products and services.....
>  >:(

Words failed me, I'm ashamed to say.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2007, 15:09:19 »

Got a call from Barclays recently (Indian call centre):

Mr. Wood,
We're calling to inform you that there's a note on your file saying that you have expressed a preference not to hear about new products and services from Barclays and other affiliated.......
> And?
Well, because of this, you may not have heard about new products and services.....
> That's the general idea.
So, Mr. Wood, would you like me to tell you about these new products and services.....
>  >:(

Words failed me, I'm ashamed to say.

Kevin

I got a letter from the idiots saying that as I did not want to be contacted by them, they'd write to me to see if I was interested in being contacted by them. idiots. And idiots who owe me £429 from 2.5 yrs ago  >:(
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2007, 15:15:19 »

That is crazy.  They recently did this thing in the states where you can put your number on a 'no-call list'.  Anyone who calls you to sell stuff can be fined.  You still get some calls but it is a lot better.  It was a lot worse over there than here.  We only get a few calls a month.  Tell them we rent and don't want a free kitchen and they give up.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2007, 15:36:46 »

There's the telephone preference service over here which sounds like a similar thing.

www.tpsonline.org.uk/

There's also a mailing preference service, not that that does a lot of good, IME.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2007, 15:37:48 »

There's the telephone preference service over here which sounds like a similar thing.

www.tpsonline.org.uk/

There's also a mailing preference service, not that that does a lot of good, IME.

Kevin
Whilst tps helps, I find we still get lots.  And yes, I do report them via the tps website.
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2007, 15:40:24 »

www.tpsonline.org.uk/

Kevin
Cheers for that!  Not really getting calls, but good to know.

Btw, that was excellent RMCB!  :y
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2007, 19:18:22 »

A friend of mine took a call in the evening, whislt watching his favorite Eastenders, sad bastud...

He asked the caller, (Callcentre) that if they were to disagree or get abusive in any way, was their protocol to hang up.. "No Sir! we are not allowed to hang up, whatever"  My friend, said hold on a minute, he went to watch the further 25 mins of his chosen entertainment, returning to the phone after the Dum, Dum, Dum, - Dum, Dum, der, der, der, d,d d, der, der song thingy,  Honestly, they were still waiting!  He put the phone down...........

Typical Stokie  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Do it right, do it once................

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2007, 19:37:08 »

www.tpsonline.org.uk/

Kevin
Whilst tps helps, I find we still get lots.  And yes, I do report them via the tps website.

Im ex directory and rarely get calls that i dont want......also have Caller ID on the line.....if i dont recognise the number or its witheld....i dont answer it and it goes off the answer phone....suprisingly i dont get many messages left!  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2007, 19:41:44 »

www.tpsonline.org.uk/

Kevin

Im ex directory and rarely get calls that i dont want......also have Caller ID on the line.....if i dont recognise the number or its witheld....i dont answer it and it goes off the answer phone....suprisingly i dont get many messages left!  ::)

I'm XDNC as well, doesn't stop the idiots ringing, despite being tps as well  >:(
Grumpy old man

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2007, 20:50:15 »

This conversation is the bain of my life, I'm a Telecoms engineer, the amount of customers who ask me how to get rid of this pain in the grass...  Unbelievable!!!  The worst scenario with nusiance calls, is when a customer gets a new line or a new number and it just happens to be a dissused fax number from a previous, possibly bankrupt customer...  Marketing servers which send out junk faxes at the early hours of the morning to save costs, wake these folks up and screech at them...  they are often withheld too!  try tracing than one!!!

Confessions of a Comms Engineer

DC
 :-/
Do it right, do it once................

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2007, 21:45:33 »

This conversation is the bain of my life, I'm a Telecoms engineer, the amount of customers who ask me how to get rid of this pain in the grass...  Unbelievable!!!  The worst scenario with nusiance calls, is when a customer gets a new line or a new number and it just happens to be a dissused fax number from a previous, possibly bankrupt customer...  Marketing servers which send out junk faxes at the early hours of the morning to save costs, wake these folks up and screech at them...  they are often withheld too!  try tracing than one!!!

DC
Many years ago, I used to do SFIO, and 90% on this was arranging traces (before digital exchanges were commonplace).  The other 10% was dealing with nutters and people with voices in their heads ::)
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2007, 22:06:53 »

DC
Many years ago, I used to do SFIO, and 90% on this was arranging traces (before digital exchanges were commonplace).  The other 10% was dealing with nutters and people with voices in their heads ::)

I can hear you TB.....tellling me summat....might be about getting the oil/filter changed....9k since it last changed  :-[   ::)
« Last Edit: 24 March 2007, 22:07:38 by Taxi_Driver »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2007, 22:08:32 »

9k since it last changed  :-[   ::)
:o  :o  :o
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 18 queries.