Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody London Buses And Their Drivers  (Read 1962 times)

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody London Buses And Their Drivers
« Reply #15 on: 26 March 2007, 09:02:45 »

Unlucky mate, easy on the bus driver insults they're not all idiots - as with anything just a select few, I used to drive the 47 from Catford to Shoreditch, and the 136 from Grove Park to Peckham for Stage Coach (= blood sucking assett striping vampires !! )in London ;)

imo  ::)[/quote]

Yes they were..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Ghosts in my machine

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 March 2007, 10:03:04 »

there was a bus built at the end of the 80's early 90's .by metro camel ware (mcw) (the people who also built some of the older tube trains)
Metro Cammell Weymann also built the ugly MetroCab. That wasn't great on performance!

BTW Metro Cammell built all the tube trains except for Central and Waterloo and City Lines. They were absorbed into GEC Alsthom (now Alstom Transport Ltd.)

Back to topic:

You're supposed to let buses pull out:  
Highway Code 198: Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely

but when they're bullying their way out and don't give you a chance to be courteous then sod 'em. It's bad when you notice that the driver isn't even looking as he edges nearer.

A company I used to work for didn't bother going through the insurance for anything less than £3000 as it affected their premium too much. Might be worth finding out if this is the case with the 4x4 before reporting it to your insurance company.

Just read your other thread on the outcome, so ignore above:
« Last Edit: 26 March 2007, 10:04:50 by druff »
Dyslexic dwarves.... there not big and they're not clever!

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2007, 10:38:46 »

I could not Give Way to the Bus As it was behind me. it pulled up to the side of my car as it wanted to get out of the bus lane for some reason.

I always give way to buses and Bigger things

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.